Basking rock

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I need to get a bigger basking stone for Opo. I have some patio stones down in one area for another use. He doesn't seem interested in using them. I was wondering if anyone has found their tort dosen't prefer patio stones. The reason for asking is the size of the stone I need. Is to heavy for Rose to lift and my condition I can't either. Just wondering before I purchased one.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I need to get a bigger basking stone for Opo. I have some patio stones down in one area for another use. He doesn't seem interested in using them. I was wondering if anyone has found their tort dosen't prefer patio stones. The reason for asking is the size of the stone I need. Is to heavy for Rose to lift and my condition I can't either. Just wondering before I purchased one.

Ray…send some pix of your current configuration. A few 12”x12” inch pavers all placed side by side should work. You don’t need one massive basking paver.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ray…send some pix of your current configuration. A few 12”x12” inch pavers all placed side by side should work. You don’t need one massive basking paver.
Thanks Mark, the area I have now is about 10'x10' and covered with my table saw, miter box etc. I like that idea of 4- 12"×12". If he doesn't like it, I can use somewhere else. His last stone he loved but it's way to small now. I tried adding a rock to make it bigger but he wasn't interested. I have noticed 2 places he usually basks at. So I will try the pavers there.

Last edited: