Basking Areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
well i have to differnt set-ups for my RES one is indoor and one is outdoor but anyways she only basks on the indoor one it seems like.
I try to show her the out door one anytime i put her in into but she seems to not care and wont climb up so idk what to do for a basking area outside. Will she get sun like she needs if she is outside still ? and i dont have any UVB light bulbs yet till i order them or go down to the pet story tommorrow so what do you guys think on this matter because i have been wondering on this to if they get sun even if they swim n the water(water crystal clear). Well tell me what you think and thanks :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi....yes, Smokey will get the benefits of the UVrays even if he does not come up out of the water onto the basking spot (what do you have for the basking spot...rock, slide ?) :tort:

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
yea i got rock for at the moment but im trying to get a better set-up

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
i like the floating basking things they sell at pet stores, but they can be expensive. I once mad a makeshift one myself out of a shoe box lid(plastic) by drilling holes in it & zip tying it to the enclosure. Wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but it worked.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
yea i understand that im thinking of making one out of wood or plexi glass

Status
Not open for further replies.