Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxodon1

5 Year Member
Hi, I have a quick question, I was banned and I do not know why. So if at all possible could somebody tell me why?

bettinge

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate NY
Tough to PM a Mod when your banned! Being banned has happened to many on the forum, including me. Software takes over and makes poor decesions!

Josh has put a link on the home page (when not logged in) titled "Need Help? Email us!" An Email to Josh should get things rectified.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
bettinge said:
Tough to PM a Mod when your banned! Being banned has happened to many on the forum, including me. Software takes over and makes poor decesions!

Josh has put a link on the home page (when not logged in) titled "Need Help? Email us!" An Email to Josh should get things rectified.

Why ban someone, what is the reason a software labels someone to get banned? It is a word, or what?

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
ALDABRAMAN said:
bettinge said:

Why ban someone, what is the reason a software labels someone to get banned? It is a word, or what?

Sorry, I don't know the reason the software does what it does. Its unintentional most times for real tort forum members that are not spammers.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
It sounds like a glitch in the entire system that acts out as a safety measure and that is just what it is. Avoid the bad and seek the good.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
from what I understand about the software, it bans certain people (wrongly) based on their signature and some people who legitimately have websites and such, I am sure josh could explain it better.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
It was funny yesterday because as soon as I replied to this Email I was banned, I did not like the feeling lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We usually eliminate the duplicate user, so its a good idea to not spend too much time on making it "pretty" with avatars, bios, etc. And its easier to "ban" it than to actually remove it from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.