Bamboo Hut

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickWag

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, LA
Chopped some bamboo from the yard, and decided to get creative. The beginnings of Omaha's new hut! He should be a happy little Sully!ImageUploadedByTortForum1374879955.756503.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great idea ... can't wait to see the outcome. I actually belong to the Bamboo Society here in So. Cal …I have been collecting it for about 25 years. Through moves and house changes I made sure I always took some cuttings of anything I put into the ground. At current I have approx 7 different varieties , but at one point had about 15 different kinds. A really cool plant to work with in hardscape designs , as a structural material , even fine carpentry. And the good ol’ 70s’ bamboo bong! :p
Looking forward to see the final results … keep us posted!

NickWag

5 Year Member
Mandeville, LA
Thanks, y'all! I will definitely post the final product!

N2TORTS said:
Great idea ... can't wait to see the outcome. I actually belong to the Bamboo Society here in So. Cal …I have been collecting it for about 25 years. Through moves and house changes I made sure I always took some cuttings of anything I put into the ground. At current I have approx 7 different varieties , but at one point had about 15 different kinds. A really cool plant to work with in hardscape designs , as a structural material , even fine carpentry. And the good ol’ 70s’ bamboo bong! :p
Looking forward to see the final results … keep us posted!

Wow! A bamboo society? You guys would LOVE the backyards of my neighborhood!
(Bamboo bong, huh? Now THAT is crafty! Hahaha)

LisaTurtle said:
Can't wait to see the finished hut!

LOVE the irony of your screen name, Lisa Turtle! In fact, I think I've seen someone on here with the name Screech!

lynnedit said:
And that stuff is strong! Looking forward to pics.

Every muscle in my body can attest to its strength after today's chopping!

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Wow I didn't know there was a bamboo society!?! We grow bamboo in our backyard too but didn't know there was a society! Gonna have to tell my hubby he will love that!

Yes, Lisa Turtle was just too perfect lol! I'll have to keep my eye out for Screech!! Too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.