bad thing happened to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

You mean this is done? I am sitting here screaming in anger. Nothing is going to happen to him for ripping Terry off? What he did is acceptable? I'll do it...I'll try to buy something off him...I just can't see the police letting this go. You have proof he ripped Terry off...you may not have much proof of him threatening you, but he did use the mail to steal. Between this and Beakless's necropsy today sucks!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Rich...you have done more that any one could expect from a close, close friend. You don't even know me and you have championed me all this way. I would never accept money from you. I am the one that should be paying you for all you have done for me. There are no words that could ever express my gratitude to you and everyone on this forum. It was an expensive lesson well learned.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
If you try to purchase something off him and he doesn’t come through you would be a witness, but it being a petty crime and his mental capacity it would most likely be thrown out of court. This man showed the officers his medical records and the mediations he takes on a daily basis. Most likely Maggie you would lose your money.

After today I don’t believe it will go on, he’s going to think good and hard before he tries this again with somebody else.

And Terry I do have your address, so don’t be surprised if your little grandson receives a visa gift card to help take care of his turtle, you can’t return the gift card lol.

Believe me it would make my whole month to send it to him and let him know not everyone is out to steal his money.

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
I am not trying to be really mean, but when you say his "mental condition," do you mean he is mentally retarded or something?

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
BigBiscuit said:
I am not trying to be really mean, but when you say his "mental condition," do you mean he is mentally retarded or something?

He’s in the early stages of Alztimers. He showed his medications to the two officers that showed up to his door. Both he and his wife are in SSI, most likely he’s not making it financially every month and this is his way of makings ends meet. Doesn’t make it right but hard case to press without witness’s coming forward.

I know Terry lives in another state, which would be difficult and not worth it for her to pursue it further. According to the officer I spoke with his wife had no idea what he had been up to.

If anyone else he scammed comes forward, here is the officer’s name and number. He doesn’t mind it being posted. He is aware of the forum.

Officer Jim Wesner 707-312-1817

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I found a post from Patman who was selling Three Toed Turtles around 3-28-09. Maybe we could go together and get Terryo's grandson one of those. I'm in if anyone would be interested. Here's a copy of the thread. Candy

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode 2008 CB 3 Toed Box Turtle Babies

03-28-2009, 09:57 AM Post: #1
PATMAN

2008 CB 3 Toed Box Turtle Babies
Hi,

I have some cute CB 2008 three toed box turtles for sale pictured below.

They are all healthy, active, and currently eat mostly live foods such as small meal worms, wax worms, crickets, & cut up earth worms, some are starting to eat Reptomin & Mazuri pelleted food.

They are $60 EACH or $55 EACH if you buy 2 or more. Shipping is $50 overnight by FEDEX.

Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Serious inquires only.

USA sales only. Please know your local laws.

I ACCEPT PAYPAL or POSTAL MONEY ORDER SENT PRIORITY MAIL ONLY.
Email me at [email protected]

My web site:
http://www.freewebs.com/cbboxies/

M

Maggie Cummings

Rich, please don't think that I am not grateful for everything you have done for Terry...I totally appreciate you...I don't know any other lawyer who would have don[/i]e so much pro bono. I guess I'm naive in thinking that ALL crimes once proved are punishable and are punished, and the way this guys colors came out I thought he would at least be fined...
No, I won't mess with Mr. Mapes at the risk of losing any money...but that won't stop me from spreading the word about him across the Internet.
You are thinking this scared him and he won't do it again...I think he will now think he CAN do it again and get away with it...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I just got this letter from him:

After sitting at the SSA office for an hour and a half....we managed to get my wifes very late SSI check. It is too late to do it now but in the morning we are going and sending Theresas money to her by postal money order AND overnighting it by certified mail. She will have it on WEDNESDAY FOR SURE......

Carpe Diem....

For some reason I still have trust in people....maybe he is telling the truth, especially now that his wife knows what is going on. We'll see.

Anyway Yvonne has most generously said she will send us a little Eastern Boxie. It is supposed to come on Wed. We are really excited and I will post loads of pictures when it comes. Thank you Yvonne.
And thank you Danny for your generous offer too.
I just can't get over the people on this forum.

Candy said:
I found a post from Patman who was selling Three Toed Turtles around 3-28-09. Maybe we could go together and get Terryo's grandson one of those. I'm in if anyone would be interested. Here's a copy of the thread. Candy

PATMAN

Hi,

They are all healthy, active, and currently eat mostly live foods such as small meal worms, wax worms, crickets, & cut up earth worms, some are starting to eat Reptomin & Mazuri pelleted food.

They are $60 EACH or $55 EACH if you buy 2 or more. Shipping is $50 overnight by FEDEX.

Serious inquires only.

My web site:

Wow! Thank you so much Candy, but Yvonne is send us one. wow...you guys are something......

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
terryo said:
I just got this letter from him:

After sitting at the SSA office for an hour and a half....we managed to get my wifes very late SSI check. It is too late to do it now but in the morning we are going and sending Theresas money to her by postal money order AND overnighting it by certified mail. She will have it on WEDNESDAY FOR SURE......

Carpe Diem....

For some reason I still have trust in people....maybe he is telling the truth, especially now that his wife knows what is going on. We'll see.

Anyway Yvonne has most generously said she will send us a little Eastern Boxie. It is supposed to come on Wed. We are really excited and I will post loads of pictures when it comes. Thank you Yvonne.
And thank you Danny for your generous offer too.
I just can't get over the people on this forum.

Candy said:

PATMAN

Hi,

Serious inquires only.

My web site:

Wow! Thank you so much Candy, but Yvonne is send us one. wow...you guys are something......

I just forwarded you the same email, he sent it to me as well.

Well if he’s in the early stages of Alzheimer that sure explains the majority of his emails to Terry and myself. I knew something wasn't right with this man.

And Terry if you get the turtle I'm still sending the Visa gift card, let your grandson use it to purchase items for his new turtle :)

maggie3fan said:
Rich, please don't think that I am not grateful for everything you have done for Terry...I totally appreciate you...I don't know any other lawyer who would have don[/i]e so much pro bono. I guess I'm naive in thinking that ALL crimes once proved are punishable and are punished, and the way this guys colors came out I thought he would at least be fined...
No, I won't mess with Mr. Mapes at the risk of losing any money...but that won't stop me from spreading the word about him across the Internet.
You are thinking this scared him and he won't do it again...I think he will now think he CAN do it again and get away with it...

Thank you Maggie, I have soft spot for children and when this little boy worked and saved his money to get a turtle only to be scammed that really ticked me off.

I work on many child civil cases;

My most remembered was the 45-year-old man who raped a 15-year-old girl. The jury acquitted him in his criminal trail. I on behalf of the girl’s family filed a civil suit, won and took him for every cent he had, to the 450K equity he had in his home, his two cars and he will be sending a check to this girl for the next 20 years.

He bawled like a baby then had the nerve to ask me where is he now supposed to live. My response was he can live in the gutter where he belongs.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Although this was a really horrible thing to have to go through, it shows that there are still people that care about other people without knowing them face to face. It sounds as though everything will be working out in the end. It's nice to know we are in a group that cares about each other! I can't wait to see pics!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Rich, you did an amazing job, it was really nice of you. Terry, I really hope he will send you back you money.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
He might not know better to stop... he doenst know what he is doing. Hopefully his wife can watch over him better..
Glad this is working out ok.. and heck.. maybe it will help him too..

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
If he had the comprehension to show meds and say he has alzheimer's, that is a scam too. I get the feeling this guy and his wife are both scam/con artists, who have their routine down. I known several SSI recipients who should be working and several who have applied who cannot work but were denied. I say if you see him online anywhere post a warning and shut them down. If his extra income of scamming innocent people is cut off then we have done a service to the good people.

Dawna

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
galvinkaos said:
If he had the comprehension to show meds and say he has alzheimer's, that is a scam too. I get the feeling this guy and his wife are both scam/con artists, who have their routine down. I known several SSI recipients who should be working and several who have applied who cannot work but were denied. I say if you see him online anywhere post a warning and shut them down. If his extra income of scamming innocent people is cut off then we have done a service to the good people.

Dawna

I agree that if he were stable enough to show his meds and explain his condition, that it was all part of the scam. My Grandpa and Granny both have alzheimer's and never would their lack of memory lead to them doing something like this. Its not like the alzheimer's makes him do bad things. What a CROCK

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I agree with Josh, it"s all part of the scam but what are police to do ? He skated this time but with wife's knowledge of this, what is the excuse next time? Perhaps limiting or prohibiting internet use is the answer.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
If it happens again a witness has to come forward, the person who was actually scammed. So if anyone hears of him scamming someone else have the person call the Officer’s number I listed above.

I have a feeling his illness did have something to do with it, this man had two personalities, one minute he was nice and within ten minutes his whole demeanor changed, and his emails made no sense at all. I believe Terry can vouch for that as well. Unless like others have said the wife was aware and she was sending a few of those emails. If he was sick why would she leave him to take care of the finances? She must have known money was coming from some other source other then SSI.

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
just a personal opinion, but i think its all BS. Speaking from alot of personal experience with that illness. I'm tempted to let him scam me just to nail him and his wife. People dont deserve to worry everytime they purchase off the net.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Very true Josh. I wish Terry was in Ca, he would have been nailed that day. But I understand her situation.

I’d love to see him try this scam with someone here in Ca that can file a complaint. I’m still not convinced hie wife didn’t know what was going on.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I sent you his last letter Rich. He gave me a tracking number and said that he sent a Postal money order and I should be home on Thurs. to sign for it. He was very apologetic and signed it...The Mapes. So we will find out by Thurs. You are right, unless his wife wrote some of his letters, he definitely seemed like he had two personalities. Sometimes he made you feel bad for him and other times you hated him. Sometimes I felt he was just a confused old man, and other times you thought he was a young kid trying to scam you.

Status
Not open for further replies.