Bad Pyramiding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
England
Kymiie said:
So i was telling my boyfriend that i would like a sulcata or an aldabra, but you cant get them over in this country (UK)
He wanted to know the difference in size ETC so i typed it in on google..
and look what i found!
What a poor little guy!

What do you all think?
xx

http://turtlecareguide.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/sulcata-tortoise.jpg

Poor tortoise. But why can't you have a sulcata in the UK? I know of a place which sells them...

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Oh where? I live in nottinghamshire and the most popular tortoises sold are:
hermann, leopard, RF, YF, horsefield.

Where can i get a sulcata?
xx

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
I have seen that photo from the LI Tort rescue, so sad. But, I think it speaks well to the consequences of improper care.

M

Maggie Cummings

I know that tortoise, his name is Toby and he now has a home in the South and is slowly getting better. He couldn't even walk when Julie first got him. She kept him for a while then adopted him to his present home. So everything got turned around for him. He can walk now and all 4 legs are stronger. He will always look bad and he will die young, but he's in a good home now.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
My first rescue looks like that.. he runs now, and loves his mazuri! loves basking, eating and life in general! I was told he may never grow,, he does, but much slower then the norm.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
This is just my personal observation but it seems to me that the majority of pyramiding I see is almost all sulc. I don't see it in alab or galagapos. I almost never see it in boxies and i personally have never seen a RES with it. Is it because sulc are more prone to it? is it just only sulc get the most improper care? I am just curious as to what you all think I know there are other species out there with pyramiding but I am saying that the majority seems to be sulc, what do you think?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
i have a question - why do you want a sulcata? you know fully well all the issues that come up with having one?

i would try to adopt. I don't think I would ever buy a new sulcata or give a breeder the idea there is a market for one where they aren't popular.

i love sulcatas but i wish people would stop breeding them. i feel so bad for the ones who aren't lucky enough to have good owners.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
I would like a sulcata, but I can only dream. I wouldnt keep one here in England myself. Its hard with a Herman never mind a Sulcata, and I would never want to buy a hatchling again.
I am a good owner! Crush gets spoilt to pieces and no pyrimiding on him at all!
xxx XD xxx

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
Kymiie said:
I would like a sulcata, but I can only dream. I wouldnt keep one here in England myself. Its hard with a Herman never mind a Sulcata, and I would never want to buy a hatchling again.
I am a good owner! Crush gets spoilt to pieces and no pyrimiding on him at all!
xxx XD xxx

I'm sure you're a great owner! :)

I just want to know the thought process of people who go out and buy a hatching, but like you said you don't want one.

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
janiedough said:
i have a question - why do you want a sulcata? you know fully well all the issues that come up with having one?

i would try to adopt. I don't think I would ever buy a new sulcata or give a breeder the idea there is a market for one where they aren't popular.

i love sulcatas but i wish people would stop breeding them. i feel so bad for the ones who aren't lucky enough to have good owners.

my sulcata was abandoned in the street. It found us :D I would not have gotten one, we live in phoenix and were looking to adopt a sonoran desert tortoise when we found this guy. He stole our hearts.

Luvthemtorts

5 Year Member
Southeast
That tortoise has more than pyramiding going on. Looks like it has some relatively serious MBD going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.