Mazuri Zoo Exotic Leaf Eater

Zampa

Location (City and/or State)
Sicily
So I see a lot about Mazuri pellets.

The only ones readily available where I am are these : http://www.mazurizoofoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/68.pdf

What do you think, as something to feed two or three times a week, in addition to weeds, greens etc?

I'm a bit confused about the fibre content - does total fibre equal Crude Fibre PLUS NDF?

Thanks in advance for any info

Zampa

Sicily
Thanks for the reply.

I was only planning on giving it to my tortoise as a supplement two or three times a week, not as her main diet. I was asking about fibre content - particularly whether the total fibre would be the crude fibre plus the NDF. Also, I think it's a different formulation to the one in your pics - it's not labelled as tortoise diet, but as Exotic Leaf Eater. And it's not the LS version.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Thanks for the reply.

I was only planning on giving it to my tortoise as a supplement two or three times a week, not as her main diet. I was asking about fibre content - particularly whether the total fibre would be the crude fibre plus the NDF. Also, I think it's a different formulation to the one in your pics - it's not labelled as tortoise diet, but as Exotic Leaf Eater. And it's not the LS version.

Anyone have any ideas?
I think I know the one you mean, @Tom said that it was mainly for zoo animals like apes and monkeys, also it’s not appropriate for torts even though it says so.

Is this the one your looking at?

Attachments

• C9603EAE-440E-4E56-A07D-C2341438A59E.png
    C9603EAE-440E-4E56-A07D-C2341438A59E.png
    1 MB · Views: 22

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The leaf eater diet was formulated for folivorous monkeys and apes. Look at the protein content and the fiber content.

What species are we talking about feeding it to? I don't think small amounts will harm any tortoise species as long as they are well hydrated and have plenty of room for exercise, but it wouldn't be my first choice for tortoise food.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone have any ideas?

Crude fibre and NDF are from different methods of analyzing fibre.