Backyard pen ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

way2gfy

5 Year Member
So I have been thinking on where & how to construct my DT pen.

I don't know if I should place the pen along the edging of the house because I am not sure if he can dig his way under the house. I live in a Las Vegas Nevada and the house was built in the late 1970's. I think they built these houses on foundations... but not sure

Then I was thinking along the brick wall. This area will be next to rose bushes and above the main sprinkler lines that run in my backyard. I am not sure how far down it goes and if he can dig his way under. And I think a little water seeps through from my neighbors watering their stuff at the bottom of the wall....

The only other option would be in the dirt area of my yard but there is no shading and it's in the middle of the yard. We are planning on putting an above ground pool in soon and this area will be on the same side of the yard as where the pool will be. Heaven forbid if the pool sprung a leak and flooded the pen. This area is also close to the Oleander bushes and I want to make sure no flowers or leaves happen to breeze on over to his home.

So any suggestions on where?

I did a drawing and I hope it posted on here.... the little scribbles of red are the areas I was thinking about.
landscapedrawing.jpg

Thanks everyone.

M

Maggie Cummings

I put my vote in for the rose bushes. Here's a couple of ideas for burrows...

http://www.azgfd. gov/pdfs/ w_c/tortoise/ new/PhxTucBurrow s.pdf

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Can you use the area under the apple tree? That would be my first choice, even tho you didn't mention it. My 2nd choice would be by the roses. I would avoid the oleander/pool area completely. Will it be a raised pool, I hope?
Good luck
Patsy

way2gfy

5 Year Member
K9KidsLove said:
Hi...Can you use the area under the apple tree? That would be my first choice, even tho you didn't mention it. My 2nd choice would be by the roses. I would avoid the oleander/pool area completely. Will it be a raised pool, I hope?
Good luck
Patsy

Patsy

Yes it will an above ground pool. I can't do anything by the Apple tree because of all the irrigation lines. Those other areas are free of sprinkler lines and such.

I am thinking by the rose bushes too just because of the side with the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.