Back button problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I'm not sure if this is just my computer or anything to do with the new server thing or not, but for the last several days after I read a thread I click the back button like I always have done, instead of going back it just takes me back to the top of the thread I just read. I have to click the back button a second time to actually go back. This forum is the only place that this does this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cherbear:

What browser do you use? I use Firefox and don't have the same problem. "Back" works fine for me.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
This is probably a function of your browser. Sometimes when you click a link that scrolls you to a certain page of a page (top or bottom, usually) what you described will happen.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Mine started doing that also lately. Not sure why, perhaps something screwy in Internet Explorer. :(

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I just use internet explorer. I haven't changed anything or did anything differently. It just started this past week. Hopefully, I can figure it out.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I had the same prob on my Ipad for awhile. I don't even use the back button anymore. I just click back to Today's Post's or click my history button and scroll to find where I was.

montana

5 Year Member
I have Fire Fox no problem ...

I don`t like the fire fox email tho ..

mike1011

5 Year Member
I noticed the same thing this week, thought I was just a moron, then realized I am. But the back botton still doesnt work for me anymore and believe me, I didnt change anything on this computer.

thats button(told you-moron)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I think I have the same problem. I just go to forums and restart.

Note: Mike, you are not a moron, you keep aldabras, how could you be, LOL!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For the past couple of days I've been having the same problem. I use Firefox. I'll hit the "back" button and nothing happens. I get "done" at the bottom of my screen. I have to hit it again three or four times in order to get back to my previous screen.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I also have this problem some times, I now just go to the top and click forum, them just start over, works very time this way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It seems to act up most when there are lots of pictures in the thread.

Josh????

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jason:

Won't you take a few moments and start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

In my case, I fixed it by switching from Firefox to GOOGLEChrome. I like it much better!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I have had the same problem and just forgot about it. I usually have to click back 3 times to go back. This is the only place it does it so its not my computer hehe.

JasonMcK

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Jason:

Won't you take a few moments and start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

In my case, I fixed it by switching from Firefox to GOOGLEChrome. I like it much better!

Thanks emysemys. I think I posted in the intro forum but I believe my posts are still moderated. I also switched to CHROME.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.