Baby's first strawberry! <3 cute pics and short vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

-JM

5 Year Member
She's so cute! She wasn't sure what it was at first, but once she figured out it was for omnoming, she wouldn't stop. She even ate out of my hand (also a first).

Of course, with something this monumental I had to get video AND photos.
Enjoy!! <3

Video: http://img18.imageshack.us/i/mov00269.mp4/

dsc00265w.jpg

dsc00266fj.jpg

dsc00268k.jpg

dsc00270f.jpg

dsc00271d.jpg

dsc00272ms.jpg

dsc00273xw.jpg

dsc00275z.jpg

dsc00276e.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
She's absolutely adorable Jessica. :D I guess she liked it when you picked up the strawberry to help her get a bite. :p

-JM

5 Year Member
Candy said:
She's absolutely adorable Jessica. :D I guess she liked it when you picked up the strawberry to help her get a bite. :p

Aww thank you :) I'm pretty enamored with her!

She was going at it anyway, but I wanted to see if she would eat out of my hand. I haven't tried it yet, because I was wondering if my fingers would scare her (since she still really doesn't like to be handled). I shouldn't have worried, though; she chased the strawberry around while I was holding it. She ate about half of it before she got full. It made my day :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Awww what an adorable little baby!!
The "M's" on her carapace remind me of Nelson's :)
100_4035.jpg

(Btw I personally never give my Russian any fruit...just throwing that out there ;) They're high in sugar.)

-JM

5 Year Member
ChiKat said:
100_4035.jpg

(Btw I personally never give my Russian any fruit...just throwing that out there ;) They're high in sugar.)

I know they are, but she was at my grandparents all weekend and it stressed her out a little. I gave her the strawberry as a treat. She's never had it before and it's not part of her regular diet. :)

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California

Hey Candy,

Ive noticed you been posting on Russian Tortoise threads....Do you want one????? Im planning to breed cecilia next year. I'll give you a hatchling if you want. A friend of mine (owns a reptile store) will be incubating the eggs, were going half/half on the eggs. Im not interested in the money, thats why I agreed to give him half of the eggs.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Jessica- where did you get all those wonderful fake plants? Nelson's enclosure looks soo bare in comparison! I need to find more fake plants to spruce it up a bit :)

-JM

5 Year Member
I got them at a craft store! The one we have is called Marshall's and it sells lots of cheap plants (the ones I have run from 3 to 15 dollars but they have some that sell 4 for a buck). I bet any craft store will have similar in the floral section. I have a bunch of fall-themed plants too. One weekend when I have time I'm gonna deck her enclosure out to celebrate autumn :)

It looks a little crowded to me--the only big bare spot is right under the basking lamp, but she seems to enjoy pushing the leaves around and getting in under them. As she gets bigger I'm gonna have to think of something else though, because these aren't anchored well when the soil starts to dry.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I took out one of Nelson's plants and his half log to put in his outdoor enclosure, so his indoor enclosure is especially bare at the moment. I'll have to run to a craft store tomorrow (ah the life of the unemployed... :p)
LOVE the idea of the autumn decorations! Spoiled little Bernie is one lucky tort :D

-JM

5 Year Member
I hope so. Spoiling her makes me happy :)
I wanted the inside enclosure to be as awesome as possible as she'll probably never be an outside tortoise. It's just not safe here.

Though, with the way she acts you'd think she was the Queen and I'm her lady-in-waiting. She's pretty full of herself. One day after I clean her enclosure I'll post a video of her strutting. She PRANCES. It's super amusing, since I was never aware that torts could prance.

When you get your new plants post some pictures! I'd love to see what you find!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awww your little one is sooo adorable Jessica :). I love the pics and the video is so cute!
Thanks for sharing :)

-JM

5 Year Member
ChiKat said:
100_4035.jpg

IDK, Nelsons look like Ms but I think Bernies look more like the bat signal. Just sayin' <3

Status
Not open for further replies.