baby not eating

Torch

5 Year Member
I soak both of my babies daily (usually, sometimes I miss a day) and keep clean water in their enclosure at all times. I very, very rarely see them drink but know they must at some point, haha.

Loohan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North-Central Arkansas
I did catch him drinking yesterday evening! At least, he had his mouth open underwater.

I had him in deeper water than usual, about 2". It was funny because if a superworm or piece of one sank to the bottom, he couldn't manage to submerge that deep to get it.
Maybe partly because he seemed to have gas; floating butt-upward a bit.

Loohan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North-Central Arkansas
Man, i have NEVER seen him eat like he did this evening! Yesterday he ate a couple superworms and that was it. Today he was ravenous.
He kept staring up at me from his water bowl, like he was begging. He was even snapping at pieces of detritus that were swirling around in the water. And getting excited when he saw me reach into the worm container.
First i gave him a mongo superworm that took him a while to get started down his throat. I figured he wouldn't want much more after that, if anything.
No, that was just an appetizer. He gobbled worm after worm after worm. I lost count. Finally he left 1/2 of one and wouldn't eat any more.

I still don't have his UV set up. I ordered mismatched bulbs and lamp! and had to re-order and there was a delay.
Meanwhile, a week or so ago, i smeared 5K IU of D3 on a piece of chard and fed this to the superworms and mealworms, on the theory that some of it would end up in him.
This just as a 1-time thing to tide him over until i get the UV set up.