Baby Leopard tort

Slickbodine

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Good afternoon all,

Recently got a leopard tortoise dropped on me. I went to a pet store and set up the cage as I was told. Recently she has stopped eating and won't open her eyes. I talked to a friend of mine and Recently switched her substrate to coconut to increase humidity he told me that was an issue.

What I have
20 gallon tank
Ceramic heater mailings around 85 to 91 most days
Uvb 5.0 zoo med
Fogger humidity is around 70ish plus or minus day and night
Under tank heater under her hide now.
Have been giving her soaks almost daily and calcium supplements with most feeding but no luck. I took her outside for an hour or so ans she ran around and opened her eyes. But still no eating. Am I doing somethig wrong ? Is the cage too cold ? It was roughly 95 outside yesterday I am in AZ.

Below is a shot of her old setup. I changed the light and substrate.

Attachments

• 20210920_154146.jpg
    20210920_154146.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
Good afternoon all,

Recently got a leopard tortoise dropped on me. I went to a pet store and set up the cage as I was told. Recently she has stopped eating and won't open her eyes. I talked to a friend of mine and Recently switched her substrate to coconut to increase humidity he told me that was an issue.

What I have
20 gallon tank
Uvb 5.0 zoo med
Have been giving her soaks almost daily and calcium supplements with most feeding but no luck. I took her outside for an hour or so ans she ran around and opened her eyes. But still no eating. Am I doing somethig wrong ? Is the cage too cold ? It was roughly 95 outside yesterday I am in AZ.

I would read toms guide on raising baby leopards it’s very in depth and covers everything and helps learn a lot about them

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
Good afternoon all,

What I have
20 gallon tank
Uvb 5.0 zoo med

I don't have a leopard, however I do know that this is the BEST care sheet you can follow (it's Tom's):

Good luck!