Baby leopard, nose turning white.

Adamcoppler

Location (City and/or State)
SAN TAN VALLEY
I have a baby leopard tortois, whom I feed a variety of plants and bathe daily. I have had it for a few months but a few days ago I have noticed the very tip of its nose has turned a white color. As far as I can tell it isn't bothersome to the tortois, and i can't really tell if it has the same texture as the rest of its skin. Anyone have an idea or know why its nose is turning white?
20201208_161935.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just a wild guess - it was bumped hard (like dropped and landed on his nose) and now the outer layer is getting ready to fall off.

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
The same thing kind of happened to my tortoise Kiwi. If this is why it happens, that would explain Kiwi's face, which has the white part at the very tip. Until I get her a larger enclosure with actual burrowing soil. (Thanks a lot breeder for telling me how the "greatest" enclosure setup should be). She likes to burrow and will literally try to climb under her log and rocks. I think it is from her scratching her little nose too much. Anyways, make sure to monitor it carefully!

Adamcoppler

SAN TAN VALLEY
Unless it is beating itself up, not sure how the nose would have gotten hit. Ill just keep an eye on it for another day or two.
Thank you.