Baby Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbrookee

5 Year Member
I just got my baby today. He isn't really eating or drinking. All we wants to do is hide out in his hide box. Do y'all think he's okay?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He's had a big day. He's only a little baby. Give him sometime to get adjusted to his new home. Keep feeding and saoking everyday. Also have water available 24/7. In the mean time, read Toms threads below in my post for proper housing. The sulcata thread is the same as a leopard, so both will apply. Also, hatchlings do sleep a lot.

Oops, Hello and Welcome:)

vbrookee

5 Year Member
Thank you! I'm just stressed, I watched a video on YouTube of a girl getting hers and he ate right after she opened him!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Some do, some don't. Did you give him a warm soak right away? You should do that if you haven't. Sometimes they will eat after a soak.

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
Try not to stress over it, you'll go nuts. As Wellington said, some do and some don't. Keep him nice and warm, regular warm soaks and mist, offer food but don't force it. He's had a long journey. As long as his eyes are clear and no discharge from his nose, he is healthy. He just needs his rest, babies do that a lot. Let us know how he does, good luck!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Also find out what the previous owner was feeding so you can offer the same thing (at least for now). Give him warm soaks and just let him adjust to his new house. He'll probably eat tomorrow. :)

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby. We love pictures too, so be sure to share.
I'm sure he's fine, just freaked out right now. He will come around, like everyone said already. Providing the familiar diet is a bit of valuable advice, it will help him adjust and then you can start introducing new stuff you want him eating.
If you're like me you will be tempted to try and force him by providing a treat (blueberries and strawberry are my favorite cause mine makes such a mess). Try to fight the urge for at least a few weeks till you get him eating a variety of the recommended greens.
Be sure to read Tom's threads!

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

Status
Not open for further replies.