baby leo has boo boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaden21

5 Year Member
one of my baby leo's has boo boo's on both her hind legs, where her ankles would be. im not sure what caused this. any thoughts on how i should treat em. i removed the old bedding. and am gonna run n get new stuff today. i soaked her in water for about 20 minutes. they aren't oozing or *****. dry n cracked rather. any help would be awesome. thanks

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
what kind of bedding is she on?

You said you're not 'sure'...are you aware of any possibilities?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Is she kept alone? You said "one" of my baby Leo's so it makes me wonder if it is being hurt by other's?

jaden21

5 Year Member
no she is with her boyfriend. i haven't experienced them fighting. they seem to get along great. they were in cocnut husks. i have just newspaper in there now. they have a hide thats made of wood. she could have caught herself on that. its the only thing i can think her getting injured on unless the other is being aggressive. but he seems very timid everytime i watch them. thanks guys for the help

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I'm not experienced with Leo mating. Russian tortoises can be very aggresive when mating. In fact, the male can sometimes even take scales off the legs of the female Russian while nipping at the legs.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Can you post pictures of what you're talking about?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If the wounds (boo boos) are in the same spots on both legs I would imagine it is a mating or bullying injury. Try and find out the cause and a antibiotic ointment should be enough to help clear it up.

jaden21

5 Year Member
they are babies. not even a year old. thank you for your help. i will post pics when i can. what kind of antibiotic cream?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just a plain old triple antibiotic like neosporin or a store brand.

jaden21

5 Year Member
they healed up nicely the antibiotic ointment really helped thanks. i think she caught her legs on her sharp shell. sorry i didn't get a chance to upload pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.