Baby Hermann's (Dalmation) help

ClinardClan

Can someone offer some advice and maybe just tell me not to worry i hope...
We just got a baby hermanns Dalmatian tort, he is very small, maybe 2". I'm concerned because he has been staying burrowed, i know that's common, but he isn't eating either. i put him on the plate after i soak him and he still hasn't eaten since we got him in the mail 2 days ago. he is in a smaller container (18x12") because i was worried he'd get lost in his enclosure we have for him bc its 2ft by 4ft. Should i just put him in the big enclosure?? i have a 5.0 uvb light on him for 12 hrs a day with a 75w heating element and i have been turning everything off at night. I have soaked him once and plan on doing so every other day, the first time i soaked him he did not poop. i haven't seen any poop or urate at all. i am feeding him the Muzori LS with some diced up zucchini but i have not noticed him eat anything at all. i am misting his enclosure too.

We've had sulcatas and a red foot in the past, but they were never shy or inactive and ate well right when we got them home. i'm worried....

RobertFlak

5 Year Member
I suggest you contact the breeder you bought him from and find out what foods the dalmation was given (and how it was served).
Maybe he's not getting what your putting in front of him is food.