Baby cherry head weren't eating

BabyJack

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
Hello everyone, my baby cherry head weren't eating that good, so i remove the hide and put a UVB bulb but temp and hum. are the same as always and they also walk to get there bath themself. They eat much more now and are always active.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad to hear they are doing better. Did you not already have a UVB bulb in with them? They do need uvb whether from a bulb or sun.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
There is still a hide available though, right?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hello everyone, my baby cherry head weren't eating that good, so i remove the hide and put a UVB bulb but temp and hum. are the same as always and they also walk to get there bath themself. They eat much more now and are always active.
Do you know what the age of your tortoise is please?

BabyJack

10 Year Member!
Puerto Rico
There is still a hide available though, right?
No, they are at the same place they like buried on the coconut fiber. The same spot where i put the light, at the othe end is the water and the food plate. Should i put back the hide?? Should i try it?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
No, they are at the same place they like buried on the coconut fiber. The same spot where i put the light, at the othe end is the water and the food plate. Should i put back the hide?? Should i try it?
Yes

BabyJack

10 Year Member!
Puerto Rico
Glad to hear they are doing better. Did you not already have a UVB bulb in with them? They do need uvb whether from a bulb or sun.
I do know it, but i was taking them outside to take sun. Maybe it wasnt too much time.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I do know it, but i was taking them outside to take sun. Maybe it wasnt too much time.
The UVB from the sun is better for them. If you can still get them out that would be best. A half hour to an hour a few times a week will do. Just always be sure they have shade and a shallow water dish. Even filtered sun thru plants/trees is better then a bulb. However, you could still use the bulb inside. They may have not been warm enough and the heat from the UVB bulb is what's making them eat. They do need to warm up to 85 and more to properly digest their food. If they cant, they will stop eating.