Aspen Substrate - Help Danny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Danny, when we were talking about substrates not too long ago you had said you used aspen for all of your torts. I was hoping to change my hatchlings tomorrow and was wondering if I should keep moss in there for them to burrow or will they burrow in the aspen? I was misting the moss every other day. Could you please let me know? Sometimes I feel I am spinning in circles with all this information and I want to make sure I do it right. Thanks!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Dee they will dig into the aspen. :D Instead of the moss you can make a moist hide by cutting a plastic plant pot in half, top to bottom. Then glue a piece of sponge to the inside top. You keep the sponge just damp and you have a humid hide. :D

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks for all of your help Danny!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
egyptiandan said:
Dee they will dig into the aspen. :D Instead of the moss you can make a moist hide by cutting a plastic plant pot in half, top to bottom. Then glue a piece of sponge to the inside top. You keep the sponge just damp and you have a humid hide. :D

Danny

Dude, that's genius! Sometimes we try so hard that we miss the easiest (and often best) solutions!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Wow that is an excellent idea there Danny. You really should share more of these simple tips with us. ;)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Sometimes we are too smart for our own good and just complicate things! LOL

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i like the humidity fix with the sponge! its great to see what solutions others think up!

Status
Not open for further replies.