Asian box turtle

Sathya

Greetings everyone. Im sathya from Malaysia. I rather brought a sad new here. I have my own 5 res. Then this guy was here. I rescued this guy when she tried to cross the road. As we all can see, her shell was dented and damaged. Initially, she was dirty and covered with sand and mud. I measured by myself, she is about 7inch. I strongly belrive shes is an asian box turtle.

Problems and questions

1. What i can do for her shell to look normal and healthy back?
2. Im not so sure about this girl, some reference says that shes is semi aquatic, some say she should be placed in deep water. Im so confused, help me with this.
3. Planned to set a new home for her, in an aquarium. What size of aquarium should i get? Is it same like res, giving 90% water and 10% land home( basking)?
4. Do i feed her in water or she can ate barely on land?
5. Can help me post some pic of her home or useful links.

Please enlighten me, so many varied information on internet, confused to follow which one .
I really do appreciate your time and efforts. :)

Attachments

• received_1143310165683539.jpeg
    received_1143310165683539.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 17
  • received_1143310169016872.jpeg
    received_1143310169016872.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 14

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
Hey dude. Me again. From Facebook. Very very VERY happy to see you made your way to the forum. But I think the advice given to you on Facebook about releasing her back where you found her since she's native to your area and the damage looks old and healed is good advice.

If you would want to keep her and take her to a good reputable turtle vet just to make sure, then I would applaud that. But I would suggest releasing her after the vet gives the go-ahead.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
It's a native turtle, a cuora amboinensis. Semi aquatic. Best to let her go. The species is threatened, and considered vulnerable in your country.

I don't see the point in taking her to a vet.

A tub would be better than an aquarium. She needs both land and water. Water area should be as large as possible and will require a very powerful filter.

It's good you rescued her, but that doesn't mean you should keep her.