As promised, an update on the Kisatchies

Status
Not open for further replies.

poison

5 Year Member
Floof said:
It's unfortunate your pics didn't go through. I'd love to see your corns. Always had a soft spot for them.. My first snake (still have her) was an Anery corn. I also have a lovely young lady who I'm fairly certain is an Ultramel Anery Motley, possibly from Tequila Sunrise lines. I don't really plan to breed them at all (as much as I love to toy with the idea of getting a TS male). Only Kisatchies here, if even that. :)

Just a quick update on these guys... I'm sad to report both my little non-feeders passed away. #16, my little silver beauty, passed last week; #11 passed sometime tonight. I'm sad to see them go, but you can't win every battle. There's one other (#15) that seems to be going downhill, but I'm not terribly surprised; he took one pink 26 days ago but nothing before or after. I may break down and try force-feeding something small like the leg of a bigger mouse to see if a little energy boost helps.

Everyone else is doing well, though. Only had 3 babies refuse food this week (not counting 11 and 15), which just might be a record, lol! One of the refusals was #2, who has been SO enthusiastic about food for the last month and suddenly seems to have changed her mind. I guess I spoke too soon when I called her one of the best eaters here... Fickle little snakes, I could just about scream some days!

Vrael and "Clove" (still deciding on a permanent name...) are also doing well. They both ate tonight... Like pigs, as always! I love snakes that always eat... I don't think I've had a refusal from anyone but the woma in months! (Hopefully I didn't just jinx it... LOL)

wow im very sorry to hear that:( how are the others doing now?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
#15 ended up passing away before I could try force-feeding anything. :(

Everyone else is doing well. Everyone is eating SOMETHING, though some still a bit sporadic. Everyone's plump, feisty, and thriving, though, so I'm confident that it's only a matter of time til they're all eating well. :)

Forgot to post the other day... Jaizei, thank you for posting those, and for the tip! Colorful, you have some very pretty corns. I really need to get some updated pictures of my two girls one of these days... And everyone else, of course!

ColorfulTortoise

5 Year Member
New England
I'm sorry to hear of number 16, 11, and 15's passing. It's always hard to lose an animal. All my baby corns ate recently (and my adult, like always). I'll try posting pics again.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Thanks for the condolences. Yeah, I'm very sad to see them go... I was especially looking forward to seeing how 16's colors would develop... :( Well, fingers crossed I don't lose any more. They're all coming with me on a 20-some hour drive next week. Talk about stressful for everyone.. I imagine, if I'm going to lose anyone else, it'll be then.

Status
Not open for further replies.