Artisan Lettuce Mix at Sam's Club and Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd pass the word along that I've seen a mix of 24 oz (big tub) of Artisan lettuces for less than $4 at Sam's Club and Costco in the Seattle area (can't vouch for them in any other areas!). It has petite tango (purple and green), petite gem (purple and green), and petite oak (purple and green). It's a nice mix up from the spring mix, although you have to wash and tear it apart yourself. Trevor will vouch for it being yummy. :) The humans in the family like it too.

http://www.taproduce.com/artisan-lettuce/

Best wishes.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Got some from my Costco and my Greeks and myself absolutly LOVE it. And a great price too. :)

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
I work at costco in Southcenter and I haven't seen that one yet. But then again I'm no stocker so I'll have to look. I have only seen the one in the little bag. Good to know... I'll look for it.

Phoenix

5 Year Member
Lettuce is not very interesting for feeding tortoises. Too much water, and a terrible Ca/P ratio

However, it can be given some times. I only feed with lettuce when I REALLY have nothing but lettuce at home. But I am a naturalist, I always try to feed my tortoise with the herbs they eat in situ (clover, wild dandelions etc.) That's more natural, cheaper, healthier, has good Ca/P and make you go outside and do some sport to find it.

By the way, the package and the fresh aspect of that kind of lettuce is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.