Arizona Tortoise Compound

Geri

Has anyone ever ordered a tort from the Arizona Tortoise Company? Im getting a hermanns hatchling, but i was just curious. This is my first hatchling and I'm very nervous about spending that much money on something I can't see first!

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I have not had personal experience with them but they do have a good reputation here on the forum, believe they are a member of the forum too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here are the questions to ask of any breeder that you want to buy a baby from:
1. Is the baby soaked daily? It should be.
2. Is the baby housed mostly indoors? It should be.
3. Is the baby on some damp substrate that it can dig into? It should be.
4. Does the baby have a humid hide? It should.
5. Has the baby been introduced to a wide variety of weeds and species appropriate foods, or was it fed mostly grocery store lettuce? It should have been.

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
I purchased a Russian hatching from them 5 years ago. He was in great shape and has done well. Andrew from ATC is a good guy. He raises his hatchling outdoors on an appropriate diet.

Geri

I just ordered a hatchling. It will be here on Tuesday. I spoke to Andrew on the phone and I feel confident that I will not be disappointed.

Geri

I just ordered a hatchling. It will be here on Tuesday. I spoke to Andrew on the phone and I feel confident that I will not be disappointed.
I just received my hatchling from Andrew. He is very active and already has eaten some romaine and pooped. Thanks Andrew, I'll be back when you have some eastern hatchlings!

Attachments

• 20180410_091438.jpg
    20180410_091438.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 66

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Can you show the setup? Looks very adorable.