*Are These Toxic To Torts*

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
My red got to this before I could get to her. If that makes sense she only took three or four nibbles. Is it going to harm her? It just came up in the redfoots outside enclosure.

Attachments

• 1402009158717.jpg
    1402009158717.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 1402009203758.jpg
    1402009203758.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 1402009232337.jpg
    1402009232337.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 32

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
@yvonne Hi Can You Please Tell Me if This mushroom is poisonous? One of my female redfoots ate a few bites before I could remove it and needless to say I'm panicking here. Lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry, I don't know anything about mushrooms.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Sorry, I don't know anything about mushrooms.

Thanks Anyways Yvonne. So far she's OK. But im still nervous . And watching her like a hawk. I just can't believe she got it before I did. I inspect the enclosures outside daily. Hopefully someone will come along soon who knows about Mushrooms. But Thank you very much.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Some mushrooms are deadly toxic and some are harmless and edible. They can be very difficult to tell apart. At this point all you can do is remove it, check for new ones daily, and keep an eye on your tortoise. Daily soaks might help pass any toxins through.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Some mushrooms are deadly toxic and some are harmless and edible. They can be very difficult to tell apart. At this point all you can do is remove it, check for new ones daily, and keep an eye on your tortoise. Daily soaks might help pass any toxins through.

Thank you Tom. She is acting normal. Its been about maybe 2 hours since she ate it. So I'm hoping they will be no ill effects on her. I keep the enclosure checked out but this particular mushroom was hiding behind a log in the tall grass. I removed it and will keep an eye on enclosure to be sure no more pop up. Thank you so much.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
About this time of year I get these little mushrooms popping up in my yard too. I have to go over it every morning before I let any torts have access to that area.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
I'm certainly going to keep a close eye on them. Its amazing how quickly they pop up. Almost as amazing as how quick my redfoot found it. There quick little girls. Thanks again.