Are these ok for my juvenile leopard?

zalvi

image-jpg.97875

image-jpg.97876

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I know what that one is on the top! I can't think of the name, but I know what it is! There was thread a while ago, and that was identified... :mad: I'll try an find it.
I'd say a no go on the tree leaves. Tortoises can't reach trees in the wild, and so trees are not part of their diet :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Sorry. I'm thinking of something else! I thought it was pigweed (which is oky) but it's too green and the leaves aren't right!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The first one is edible chickweed. I would say no on the shrub, however, I don't know what it is or if it's edible.

katrvt

5 Year Member
The last of these three looks like a dandelion, which is edible. That said, it is pretty hard to see on my phone, hopefully someone who can see better can confirm

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
I agree with Yvonne - first one is "chickweed" - Stellaria media - edible and choice. The second one looks like a Prunus, probably a grafted ornamental plum that is sprouting from below the graft - not safe.
In the second set, the first is Tecoma capensis - "cape honeysuckle" - not safe. Next one I'm not sure of. You could post more pics. Third one is not a "dandelion", but I don't know it either - I would not feed it.