Are my temps n everything ok

donna torti

Hi I have a 10 week old leopard my temps are under heat lamp 105 . Cool end 85 . Under hide 90 x it seems so warm dnt want to fry him .

Attachments

• 1432661485963.jpg
    1432661485963.jpg
    937.3 KB · Views: 15

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Think of it this way, Donna. Your body temperature is 97.6F. Does that fry you? Your tortoise has to be able to get his inner core up hot enough to digest his food. As long as he's able to get out of the 105F section and into a cooler section, it's quite ok.

donna torti

My cool end is also 85 is that ok . I have 7 tortis all on tables . Except Freddie my leopard baby . I dnt like vivs

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
My yearling enclosure rarely goes below 85F anywhere. Sometimes at night it gets as cool as 82F. I think your temps are good as long as the humidity is high. I maintain about 70%.

donna torti

My yearling enclosure rarely goes below 85F anywhere. Sometimes at night it gets as cool as 82F. I think your temps are good as long as the humidity is high. I maintain about 70%.
My humidity goes between 50 n 70 . I spray down the enclosure about 3 times a day

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Actually, spraying does hardly anything. The small spray droplets evaporate very quickly, leaving the enclosure as dry as it was before the spraying. You need to pour water over the substrate and mix it up with your hand. I pour a whole pitcher over the substrate. So what if you have poured a bit too much? It will soon evaporate to a more workable level.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
You can make a homemade fogger easily with a humidifier and some vinyl tubing from Home Depot. I prefer the Crane humidifier, it's very quiet. Here's an example of mine...ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432671781.347411.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I can't see a water bowl in that photo.
Having a permanent water fixture, a terracotta saucer sunk into the substrate, for example, that your tortoise can climb in and out of will also make a difference to the humidity of the enclosure, and soften your tortoise.
Sorry if the water bowls just out of sight, or my eyesight's too bad to see it!

donna torti

I can't see a water bowl in that photo.yes he has a water bowl . I will pour water in instead off spraying thankyou
Having a permanent water fixture, a terracotta saucer sunk into the substrate, for example, that your tortoise can climb in and out of will also make a difference to the humidity of the enclosure, and soften your tortoise.
Sorry if the water bowls just out of sight, or my eyesight's too bad to see it!