Apartment electric problem!

Location (City and/or State)
United States
My new apartment seems rather unsafe to me. When i first moved in the shower was dirty and the cabinet beneath the sink had mold in it and we cleaned it when we shouldnt have. And there is mice crap everywhere. And if you drop a piece of food on the floor babie ants are everywhere. But here is where the electric comes in one of the outlets when i tried to plug something in the whole outlet lit up. and the tv plugged into the other outlet in the same room went off for a mili second so i turned it back on. But now im taking a shower and all the lights go off in the house except for the light over the kitchen sink. My fiance said all she did was plug in the phone charger. But this seems rather strange because i have almost nothing for my apartment. I have a 2 bedroom and in one of the rooms is a air bed with a tv and fan plugged in. And then my microwave in the kitchen plugged in. Thats not counting the stove and fridge plugged in obviously. But then i was in the living room and i was using the hair dryer to dry off and when i when i went to unplug from the outlet in the living room the plug to the dryer was burning.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
My new apartment seems rather unsafe to me. When i first moved in the shower was dirty and the cabinet beneath the sink had mold in it and we cleaned it when we shouldnt have. And there is mice crap everywhere. And if you drop a piece of food on the floor babie ants are everywhere. But here is where the electric comes in one of the outlets when i tried to plug something in the whole outlet lit up. and the tv plugged into the other outlet in the same room went off for a mili second so i turned it back on. But now im taking a shower and all the lights go off in the house except for the light over the kitchen sink. My fiance said all she did was plug in the phone charger. But this seems rather strange because i have almost nothing for my apartment. I have a 2 bedroom and in one of the rooms is a air bed with a tv and fan plugged in. And then my microwave in the kitchen plugged in. Thats not counting the stove and fridge plugged in obviously. But then i was in the living room and i was using the hair dryer to dry off and when i when i went to unplug from the outlet in the living room the plug to the dryer was burning.

Word of advice on old electrical...never ever, did I say ever, plug in a microwave and a hair dryer and then try to use either...bad news for sure....use one item at a time until you can move to a new place...I also would speak with the property owner....