anyone have pics of baby greek enclosures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
im new to this site, i tried to search this post for greek enclosures, but couldnt find any good pictures (maybe i was searching wrong). i recently got a baby greek tortoise. im TEMPOARILY keeping it in a 20 gallon tank (yes i know that is cruel). i would like to continue to keep it inside, due to its size, and the fact that my kids love to watch it roam around its tank. can you please send some pictures of your greek enclosures? please let me know what kind of substrate you are using. im new ot this breed. i got one for christmas as a child and it died three days later, so i thought id try it again... thanks so much!!!!

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Here is a basic set up. Large plastic bin, water, hides at warm end and cool end, mercury UVB light, black light for night time heat if needed, cypress mulch (keep it damp and deep enough for them to bury themselves in).

IMG_0341.jpg

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
thank you for responding with some pictures. good idea with the rocks in the water dish...

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
shellfreak said:
im new to this site, i tried to search this post for greek enclosures, but couldnt find any good pictures (maybe i was searching wrong).

Here's another idea for a simple set up.
Tortoise Table

Keep watch as I'll post pics next week of the new super table that is being built.

shellfreak said:
im TEMPOARILY keeping it in a 20 gallon tank (yes i know that is cruel).

Alternativly you can use a mortar box as a replacement for the glass aquarium. 8" is shallow, however my table is 9" deep and fine for the yearlings. Hang your light with a Zoo med light stand (large).

Maccourt SUPER TUB
(ST3608)
36" x 24" x 8"
23 gallon capacity
LOWZ @$12
supertub_lg.jpg

PowersSax911

5 Year Member
Clovis, CA
Wow! thank you! it helps me a lot. I too, have a greek in my 20 gallon long. That is going to change soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.