Anyone else's tortoise wag their tail??

Jhwells46

I'll try and take a video of my leopard Tippy in the act, but has anyone else ever seen their tort wagging their tail? I've noticed that Tippy does it about every other day. She did it a few times right before she peed, but most of the time she does it when she's just takin a stroll around her table. Almost as if she's thinkin "yep, I got cushy digs." It's really quite adorable :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I've only ever noticed 1 of my Leopards do the tail wag. It's the baby Elmo and "he" only does it while in a soak.
Lol

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We have couple Radiated tortoise doing that all the time.

Jhwells46

We have couple Radiated tortoise doing that all the time.
Oh wow! I would love to someday have a Radiated. They are so beautiful! Glad to know this isn't an isolated incident, and others do this as well.

inkling13

5 Year Member
central NY
Huh, Tortellini my Red Foot wags her tail back and forth right before she poops. It acts as an early warning system if I have her out of her cage, let's me know when things are about to get messy. I'd always just assumed all tortoises did that but I just it's just one of her quirks :)

Jhwells46

Huh, Tortellini my Red Foot wags her tail back and forth right before she poops. It acts as an early warning system if I have her out of her cage, let's me know when things are about to get messy. I'd always just assumed all tortoises did that but I just it's just one of her quirks :)
I love the name Tortellini!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My red foots do it as they walk around . But only the three females the male you only see his tail when he poops .

Tiff

5 Year Member
I'll try and take a video of my leopard Tippy in the act, but has anyone else ever seen their tort wagging their tail? I've noticed that Tippy does it about every other day. She did it a few times right before she peed, but most of the time she does it when she's just takin a stroll around her table. Almost as if she's thinkin "yep, I got cushy digs." It's really quite adorable :)
My Russian Tortoise Sovi wags her tail often. It's so cute!

Jhwells46

I can't get enough of her adorable little wag! It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. We missed one of our favorite shows finale the other night because we were just watching her walk around wagging. Totally worth it! :)