jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
heck yes redfootedboxturtles, im 23!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
My Guyana redfoot males might be close { as young } to your age.

This time in 1969 I was your age Bro! Does that count?
36_20_1.gif

nerd

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
im also 24!

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thats cool. It is awesome to see a couple younger people getting educated about tortoise care. Sort of like the next generation of keepers and breeders.

Jasso do you breed those russian tortoises? I have a couple of really nice females. What do you do for a living? I own a pest control and landscape company's down in Florida.

Josh I forgot we where the same age. You are still working towards your college degree right? What is it going to be in?

Terry, I think your facial hair is as young as me too. = )

I also own tortoises that are older then me. I feel a weird expanded sense of responsibility about caring for them.

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Redfootedboxturtles said:
Thats cool. It is awesome to see a couple younger people getting educated about tortoise care. Sort of like the next generation of keepers and breeders.

Jasso do you breed those russian tortoises? I have a couple of really nice females. What do you do for a living? I own a pest control and landscape company's down in Florida.

Josh I forgot we where the same age. You are still working towards your college degree right? What is it going to be in?

Terry, I think your facial hair is as young as me too. = )

I also own tortoises that are older then me. I feel a weird expanded sense of responsibility about caring for them.

Well i live in houston, im a civil structual engineer and am going for my masters degree this august. i dont breed russians yet but im hoping. i have 5 females to 4 males maybe ill get lucky and get some eggs soon. every person that sells them to me says that they're mating (cause i bought most in pairs). 1 male is after the females but no luck yet.

UMDRunner

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Duluth, MN
I'm 21, I live in a college house, 6 guys, a russian tortoise and a red eared slider

swedeheart

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i think im the youngest one on here lol. I'm 20! and have a greek tortoise!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
ArkansasKelly said:
Gee, I feel old now and I am only 28. LOL

ARKelly

lol dont worry Kelly, I am 27 years old and when I saw this thread, I felt really old too.

Isa

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
lol sorry! I figured 18-25 was a good bracket. Its awesome to know there are so many young adults who are into tortoises. I dont really know any in person.

So lets get to know each other a little bit. What do you all do ? What kinda torts do you have? Any other hobby's besides tortoises?

S

stells

i can't believe i no longer fit into that age range :(
I'm 30 :(

Kelly

tortoise.tot

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
austin, tx
i'm only 18 & getting into tortosies hardcore. my boyfriend is almost 22.
we have one already, adopting another, & possibly getting my english teacher's turtle or tortose.
he's not sure what it is. i haven't seen it so i don't know either.
my teacher found it sitting on his front pourch & put it in his back yard.
his yard is like a jungle & leonotis is very small. about a 5 inch plastron.
so we haven't found him yet.
& he just moved from that house. so he'll be informing the new family & hope that they find him.

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Redfootedboxturtles said:
lol sorry! I figured 18-25 was a good bracket. Its awesome to know there are so many young adults who are into tortoises. I dont really know any in person.

So lets get to know each other a little bit. What do you all do ? What kinda torts do you have? Any other hobby's besides tortoises?

Hey Red,

I guess I will start. LOL I own and operate a 4 house turkey farm and grow Butterball turkeys. I own 37 acres, but am hoping one day to expand that acreage.

I own a breeding group of cherryhead redfoot tortoises that produced hatchlings for me. My group is 1 male and 3 females. I have 3 hatchlings of my own and 2 hatchlings from NERD. I also have 5 dogs, eight cats and 1 maliuromastyx not to mention 41,000 turkeys. We are hoping to have some goats and sheep before to long also.

I guess my other hobbies would include reading. I just started reading alot about 2 years ago and now I go through books as if they were candy. LOL I love paranormal!

Well, guess that is it. Anyone else?

ARKelly

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Y'all make me feel like this..

CECIL.jpg

.. don't anybody move that post..
36_12_6.gif

nerd

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Hey NERD, put a mustache and beard on that beast and it just might look like you. (blowing raspberries)

ARKelly

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
ArkansasKelly said:
Redfoot NERD said:
Y'all make me feel like this..

CECIL.jpg

.. don't anybody move that post..
36_12_6.gif

nerd

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Hey NERD, put a mustache and beard on that beast and it just might look like you. (blowing raspberries)

ARKelly

Here's a good way to end this.. scroll down with caution...

What mustache?

Mustache2.jpg

Wattaya mean??? - "just might look like you".

And what does "blowing raspberries" mean?.. must be a KID thang!
36_2_80.gif

There is a smile under there.. promise...

nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.