Any idea if this is safe for Russian horsefields?

Geese

Hi everyone,
Sorry we're still to put pics up of enclosures but in the meantime we have a plant question!
We bought some flower mix from shelledwarriors on eBay, but one of the flowers that is growing we couldn't match to any of the seeds that were meant to be in the mix, we think it's velvetleaf. We can't find if it's safe for horsefields to eat or not?
Must admit we'll be a bit annoyed if not as it's not one of the seeds that is in the mix!
Any ideas? Thank you :)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406927789.991420.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406927820.206261.jpg

Haven't managed to get a pic of the flowers yet as it only flowered today but they're small and yellow :/ will get one tomorrow if it opens up again!

Jen & Bob

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I have no idea what that plant is but it sure is big. You can download an app called Garden Compass send them the picture and they will tell you what it is. I've had pretty good luck with them out of eight pictures there was only one they couldn't tell me what it was.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not sure, but I think it's in the sunflower family. Maybe a wild sunflower. The leaves don't look the same, though.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Geese

Thanks guys :) I'll get that app that sounds brilliant! Thank you :)

Jen & Bob

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm stumped on this one. Have you asked shelled warriors?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The Shelled Warriors Forum is not online. I don't know if they're having server trouble or if they are defunct.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hi everyone,
Sorry we're still to put pics up of enclosures but in the meantime we have a plant question!
We bought some flower mix from shelledwarriors on eBay, but one of the flowers that is growing we couldn't match to any of the seeds that were meant to be in the mix, we think it's velvetleaf. We can't find if it's safe for horsefields to eat or not?
Must admit we'll be a bit annoyed if not as it's not one of the seeds that is in the mix!
Any ideas? Thank you :)
View attachment 89848
View attachment 89849

Haven't managed to get a pic of the flowers yet as it only flowered today but they're small and yellow :/ will get one tomorrow if it opens up again!

Jen & Bob
Nice ring! ! ! !Hahaha.......

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hey, I have that type of plant growing in the driveway! It ridiculously huge (6 feet wide now!!) and were all hoping it grows back next year because it looks nice, it's a weed so it deosn't really need care, and I mean. come on, we got a 6 foot wide plantweed for free! I woudn't feed it to the torts though, it feels fuzzy and makes me itch.