Any fans of "2 - 1/2 Men"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I honstly don't find Ashton very funny...he should stick to punked...scratch that. Stick with movies...nevermind.

M

Maggie Cummings

Sorry...I disagree with ya'll. I like the show and I think that Kutcher is pretty funny and it all depends if he can be funny reading somebody elses writing. I like the show and think that it's too bad the kid grew up as he's been pretty funny too. I am glad Sheen didn't get his job back as I think he's been a total *** and does not deserve all that money. So I am keeping an open mind...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Loved the show.. some things were a bit shocking at times.. and it should not have benn on at 8pm..
but how are they going to change the actor? A whole new thing or are we supposed to accept Kutcher as charlie?
charlies character, was sadly.. who he is. .. but it made for good tv... what will kutcher be?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Kutcher is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY too young for the role. Way. It won't fit and it won't work.

It really is too bad. I agree that Sheen was an ***, however, he did make a good point when he said that all of us sit around and laugh at him boozing and sleeping with hookers and being a cad on the show, but then condemn him for doing it in real life, and that is kind of hypocritical.

Personally I liked the show and I am sad that it will come to an end (and it will.)

As far as Angus T. Jones, what little I have seen of him in interviews and such he seems like a really nice, level headed, smart kid. He has visited kids at St. Jude and is involved with other charities, like The Special Olympics. He has grown up and slimmed down a lot, but I think maybe some good will come out of his career.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Agreed that Kutcher will not be satisfactory replacement as "Charley"...much too young and nowhere nearly enough "bark" on him...absolutely the worst possible choice other than Roseanne Barr!

Maybe the writers can work him in some other way, but surely not Kutcher as a Charlie Sheen substitute.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I doubt it will last very long without Charlie.

My take on Charlie Sheen is that he took his role, the part he played on TV, too seriously and it merged with his personal life.

My favorite part of the show is the theme song.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have only watched a few episodes of 2 and a half, never liked it, but my mom and grandma loved it, I don't find it at all hypocritical to laugh at his character and then critic his real life, that is a show and not real life, big difference IMHO. as for ashton, I never liked the guy and probably won't care one way or the other about him replacing charlie ( WINNNNNING) on the show. But it has been done before remember bewitched and the 2 darrens? But I don't think ashton will make a good replacement either way, show will be gone soon IMO.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
As someone who also has tiger blood AND the Adonis gene,I say Ashton should stay home with Mom. Oops! I mean Demi.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I've seen one episode of 2 1/2 men, and that was enough for me.
The last time I watched an Ashton Kutcher movie, I promised myself "Never again."

TV and movie characters are usually extreme exaggerations of real behavior. Sheen makes a big mistake if he thinks he can behave like a TV character and be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.