any FACEBOOK pros here.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I would like some off TFO exchange about how to create a facebook page that will do and not allow different aspects of being able to reach all those millions. In exchange I'll continue offering my experince, either professional or ametuer (as you see it) about tortoises.

william.espenshadeiii AT gmail.com

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Should just create a page, and in the options it can be seen only to members. But once you set up the page you have to go through all the mumbo jumbo before being able to set the details of that page. If that makes sense. Ours is completely open. But I'll snap a shot of where you can change it for yah.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Are you wanting to set up a page for people to follow or a group for people to join?
I'm a member of one and was a member of two until yesterday, I could handle the stupid. Lots of people don't have a clue and don't listen.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Are you wanting to set up a page for people to follow or a group for people to join?
I'm a member of one and was a member of two until yesterday, I could handle the stupid. Lots of people don't have a clue and don't listen.
Yes I agree. I see a lot of stupid on our Facebook page. But a lot more ignorant posts and remarks on other pages.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Oops couldn't* stand the stupid.

They have a lot of members, but aren't nearly as big as this forum. Lots of people post questions and pictures but some people are hard headed and refuse to listen to advice.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I want to make a page anyone can see, but only comment on a post I initiate. So random crap can't be posted, other than as a reply to something I start. I want to be able to selectively delete someone commenting on a post I start, if they seek to sell sunglasses. I think that means followers (sorta sounds religous Hugh) who can respond but not make initial posts. I don't know if that's a 'group' or a 'page' . I would like to have a sticky/pinned box saying what it's all about that stays stuck at the top. As for people following or getting the news feed, I want anyone who wants to - to be able to join, and suggest that others join too.

The last thing I looking for is being able to share, I want people to be able to share what I post, with as few restrictions as possible. I am not sure why, but I've tried sharing images before and get a warning that it might not be sharable. I can't find the button that would allow me to make that not happen.

It would be good if someone could point to me how to make the keywords or title of the group/page show up in google/yahoo searches. Where can I put those key words(?), but are not in the way/view for people to otherwise see the page.

Of course as soon as it's set FB will agian change their operating interface, but all software does that, those software people.

Last edited:

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hmmm...I don't know about being a Facebook pro, but I do manage 2 groups. PM if you need any help.

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'm 21, been on facebook since '07 and manage a little side page for a Duct-tape craft thing, so i'm somewhat of a self proclaimed expert.

From what it sounds like you want a page, but I'm not entirely sure. A page will allow you to post as the page, or yourself on it, and anyone in the public can find and follow it, a group is more confusing since people "join" and in those settings you can make it so you have to accept people wanting to join, let anyone join as they wish, or just invite only. But in groups everyone can post (at least I don't think theres a setting for otherwise, but I manage a page not a group so I don't know all the super technical settings)
In a group you can kick someone out, but in a page I think you have to go through a process to block them and can block them from posting and viewing and stuff (never actually had the problem so I haven't had to personally do it yet).
Abdulla nailed the settings to not allow people to make their own posts.
I think I've helped some, I can answer more if needed :)