Any CP collectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, CO
Does anybody collect Carnivorous plants? I just got into collecting Nepenthes and Drosera's. I would LOVE to see some pics if anyone has any! :D Here is my cape sundew (D. Capensis)
24F72ACE-A126-4372-B494-B2AB2C77F258-264-000000111287774B.jpg

Looks rough but will bounce back :) I also will post pics of my Nepenthes... Pitcher plant that is

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've always like this group of plants, but have not been able to keep them alive for any length of time.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I have some large pitcher plants. Truely amazing plants. I tried the fly traps couldnt keep them alive over winter months, but the pitchers have done well for me. And then just in front of the left window in the photo. They have gotten HUGE, and work very well. I would like to try some more in my greenhouse.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
Do they need to eat bugs or is that an adaptation to help them deal with poor soil? When you do feed bugs, which kinds?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Like emysemys, I too have always been fascinated by them. Tried a couple times, never successful:( good luck, they look great.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
chairman said:
Do they need to eat bugs or is that an adaptation to help them deal with poor soil? When you do feed bugs, which kinds?

Bugs are meant to be a type of fertilizer. You are right. They do not need to eat to survive but feeding once a month has been proven to help growth in pitchers. Small flies, ants, crickets, small mealworms have all been used to feed.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah I found the key to my pitchers is keeping the pitcher half full of water and the goo it makes is what has kept mine alive and thriving. The bugs just help.

Status
Not open for further replies.