Another Week, Another Blizzard

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Good thing you're clearing off your roof.... Lots of collapses in the news this morning!!

I have to drive through part of Boston to get to work and it's crazy!! People are fighting and leave their lawn furniture everywhere to save their parking spot. Oi vey -.-

Would be some missing lawn furniture if you ask me....

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well I get the whole furniture thing from driving through Worcester almost daily, clearing spots for your car isn't easy after they're plowed in with all that heavy snow gunk. Shoveled out spots are in short supply and a lot of work for the person who did it. Its only fair it stay theirs after their work, the furniture is the social contract not to go there, it works because everone knows... although some people don't care. Did you read about the guy who spent 3 extra hours shoveling IN the car that stole his spot? I completely agree with that mans decision... but i'm kind of vengeful sometimes.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Well I get the whole furniture thing from driving through Worcester almost daily, clearing spots for your car isn't easy after they're plowed in with all that heavy snow gunk. Shoveled out spots are in short supply and a lot of work for the person who did it. Its only fair it stay theirs after their work, the furniture is the social contract not to go there, it works because everone knows... although some people don't care. Did you read about the guy who spent 3 extra hours shoveling IN the car that stole his spot? I completely agree with that mans decision... but i'm kind of vengeful sometimes.
@smarch , I completely agree. If I spend the time and energy to shovel out a spot that spot is 100% mine. Would I slash tires or damage a car? Heck no! I think shoveling IN that car was a much nicer way of showing discontentment. (Though I wouldn't devote 3 hours!).... Passive aggressive notes are nice, too... ;-)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
@smarch , I completely agree. If I spend the time and energy to shovel out a spot that spot is 100% mine. Would I slash tires or damage a car? Heck no! I think shoveling IN that car was a much nicer way of showing discontentment. (Though I wouldn't devote 3 hours!).... Passive aggressive notes are nice, too... ;-)
I don't know if it took 3 hours to shovel it back in... doesn't sound right, maybe it was 3 hours to shovel it out origionally.. because I don't think i'd spend the 3 hours either... would depend on how mad I was.
Slashing tires, keying or other damage isn't just cruel (I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, that can't just be shoveled off! Plus that's considered damage or defacing or something, either way its not particularly legal if you got caught.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wow. :eek: That's a lot of snow, and I thought it was bad here.
(NICKY! These are more picture I need, see??)
What was the temp today? We're supposed to dip into the negatives tonight :confused:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its really rough here too.

I think the day time high might actually stay below 80 today. Brr... We actually have a 20% chance of actual water falling from the sky on Sunday too. Highs will only reach the low 70's. I don't know what I'm going to do. I might actually have to wear shoes instead of my usual flip flops. And {gasp...} I might have to find my rain jacket and dust it off...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
But aren't those parking spots on public spots? If so, sorry I am parking in them and will move the furniture out of my way. I am mean like that. :p

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I'm sorry, @Tom , that sounds like a real struggle for you. If you need moral support, we're here for you :-D

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Lolol "public" has a blurry definition around here! Watch out for slashed tires, meanie spot-robber @Jacqui! (Not from me though!!)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So if I need new tires, I steal a spot, stay in the area, film the tire slashers, and take them to court to buy me new tires? :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
But aren't those parking spots on public spots? If so, sorry I am parking in them and will move the furniture out of my way. I am mean like that. :p

"Move" the furniture right into the back of your truck

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well boston parking is really hard to explain to someone who's never been in their own car, there really aren't "public spaces" theres garages, any residency lucky enough to have street parking, it is "private" enough parking in theory. Boston roads suck already without snow, mant are very narrow, parking is limited, in fact if I lived in boston my car would stay here near Worcester because it wouldn't be worth it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Seriously, right? I mean to wear shoes I will have to spend all that time and effort to put on the socks first. Man! What a hassle!

Its really rough here too.

I think the day time high might actually stay below 80 today. Brr... We actually have a 20% chance of actual water falling from the sky on Sunday too. Highs will only reach the low 70's. I don't know what I'm going to do. I might actually have to wear shoes instead of my usual flip flops. And {gasp...} I might have to find my rain jacket and dust it off...

Mean, just mean:p. Don't get those ankles sun burned:D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

It's just the way of the city life. We have it here too. It's against the law actually to claim your shoveled spot but the city/police get it, the work that is, that was put into clearing it and they will let your stuff stay. Unfortunatley, it's usually the idiots that never do anything and/or that are from the burbs or out of state that wants to steal the spots. I have always had a garage, but I would have your car removed to an unknown location if you took my spot. Yes, I would get vicious