Another Week, Another Blizzard

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
Last time I checked my GPS, I lived just north of Boston, but I think Mother Nature got confused! My backyard looks like a scene straight from Buffalo, NY or even Russia. We've had 6 or so feet of snow in 3 weeks (I've honestly lost track :-/ ), and tonight they're forecasting wind chill temps down to NEGATIVE 30. HOLY MOLY! I think this weather took a wrong turn while aiming for Siberia!!

2015-02-15 17.07.31.jpg

Poor Dante, I don't think we'll be able to take him out into the yard until August when the snow finishes melting!!

I've heard rumors that we're getting more snow next weekend.....At this rate, Dante better move over because I'm going to sunbathe in his enclosure and then hibernate :)

Here are some pics of the family members being adorable and toasty (Or a needy mama's boy, in Matteo's case) after we frooze our buns off....again. *le sigh*

DANTE
2015-02-15 17.06.19.jpg

MIA
2015-02-15 17.05.27.jpg

MATTEO
2015-02-09 14.22.24-1.jpg

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
Wow, that's crazy! We have maybe 4 feet of snow here in some areas where it's built up all winter, but it's never gotten that high! How do you shovel yourselves out? o_o

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love snow, but much prefer small amounts at a time.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Wow, that's crazy! We have maybe 4 feet of snow here in some areas where it's built up all winter, but it's never gotten that high! How do you shovel yourselves out? o_o

The million dollar question!!! Lol

... Very slowly... Every shovel-full requires careful placement atop the existing mountains! I may just make an igloo over the cars and call it a day!

.... Or move to Florida ;-)

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I love snow, but much prefer small amounts at a time.

Me toooo! Every storm seems to bring 12-24"... Mother Nature's theme this year is Go Big Or Go Home! (Please please please go home!)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Yeah, and you now officially have more snow than me (right outside Worcester), up until that last monster we were he snowiest city in the country, but we only (funny that that's "only") got 8 inches.

Its crazy whats been going on in the news! keep that roof clear at all costs at home! Far too many collapses already! I saw on the news last night people were snowblowing a roof... and it had quite a pitch! .. I want to know how they got that up there!!

We have 3 roof rakes and my dad brought one in today for a coworker because of all the collapses going on (we need the 2 since we have a small barn too) Thankfully we've managed to avoid the fighting that's been going on in Boston due to plowing and side-walk clearing!

I go and hang out with my Nank under his MVB to steal some UVs, the dreary cloudiness has been killing me! He's not a fan of sharing lol.

I'll dig up some good yard pics to share!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How is a roof rake different then a normal one?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay. Just can't recall ever seeing one before.

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
Wow that's a lot of snow glad we only have about 8 inches. We are kind of lucky this year in North Dakota only problem is we are going to be down to -30 with wind chill.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Yeah, and you now officially have more snow than me (right outside Worcester), up until that last monster we were he snowiest city in the country, but we only (funny that that's "only") got 8 inches.

Its crazy whats been going on in the news! keep that roof clear at all costs at home! Far too many collapses already! I saw on the news last night people were snowblowing a roof... and it had quite a pitch! .. I want to know how they got that up there!!

We have 3 roof rakes and my dad brought one in today for a coworker because of all the collapses going on (we need the 2 since we have a small barn too) Thankfully we've managed to avoid the fighting that's been going on in Boston due to plowing and side-walk clearing!

I go and hang out with my Nank under his MVB to steal some UVs, the dreary cloudiness has been killing me! He's not a fan of sharing lol.

I'll dig up some good yard pics to share!

Good thing you're clearing off your roof.... Lots of collapses in the news this morning!!

I have to drive through part of Boston to get to work and it's crazy!! People are fighting and leave their lawn furniture everywhere to save their parking spot. Oi vey -.-

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I feel for you. I'm in NY and all it does is snow. I spend my life digging out my car. The turtle garden is just a white hill. You would never know there are turtles under all that snow. Going down to the single digits again, and I am so worried about them under there.