Another time lapse and a rescue.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
A put new moss in the enclosure and set up for another time lapse. Rescued Freckles, yet again, from a roll over. I'm sure she could have righted herself but I went ahead and set her right.
I have some busy little tortoises, that is for sure. I am going to get a camera and set it up to do live feeds. I think they would generate a following hahahaha.
http://youtu.be/IlVduXLgx8Y

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Elohi that is awesome!! I love that they all climbed the corner hill multiple times! They are busy little ones and sooooo cute!!

Thanks for sharing! I would definitely join your following! :)

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Love these. Will never get tired of seeing these. How did you know the little one had flipped? It's a quick flip back to upright.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So funny. I love the time lapse. If you put a little bit more moss where she fell I think,that would help. That part looks a little steep and more of a drop then moss being there. OR is that a hide?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
wellington said:
So funny. I love the time lapse. If you put a little bit more moss where she fell I think,that would help. That part looks a little steep and more of a drop then moss being there. OR is that a hide?

Yeah it's their humid hide. I could still put come moss in that area so she could flip herself back over easier on her own. I need to add some more substrate in some areas where it has packed down and has become more steep than necessary.

Sh3wulf said:
Love these. Will never get tired of seeing these. How did you know the little one had flipped? It's a quick flip back to upright.

I was coming back by to check the camera (my phone) and witnessed her fall. I waited a few seconds to see if she could right herself, then reached in and rolled her over.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Maybe place something at the edge there that would keep them from going off. Not sure what. Maybe a big pile of moss on top of the hide, at that ledge spot. The big pile might stop them from going off the cliff. Or, adding more to the bottom to help right themselves.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Thanks y'all!

I've added more moss to the area where Freckles had a roll over, in case she decides to jump off a cliff again. Which I've watched her do it repeatedly as if she is entertaining herself.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1387135074.545143.jpg
Picture of Watson coming out of their humid hide.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Is that the moss we talked about? :D

Elohi, I love this video! You mentioned using your phone...did you use an app for this?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
StarSapphire22 said:
Is that the moss we talked about? :D

Elohi, I love this video! You mentioned using your phone...did you use an app for this?

Indeed it is haha!
Now my house smells like a pond. Does that ever go away? [FLUSHED FACE]
I used the lapse it pro app. I think it was $1.99
I'm planing to get a wireless webcam or surveillance type camera for the guys so I don't have to use my phone.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I guess I didn't notice a smell with mine...it is right next to my fish tank though, so I probably wouldn't notice "pond" smells lol! I do get some earthy smells wafting up when I mist it, but I don't really notice otherwise. :/

I think I might try a lapse video with Littlefoot. :D