Leopard time lapse

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Wow daily? That should be pretty nuts when it's done. I take biweekly photos of mine when I weigh them. I look forward to seeing your finished product one day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That will be pretty neat when you get the kinks out. What did you do to make the tortoise stay still? I tried to get some pictures of two tortoises side-by-side this a.m. and they kept moving on me. Oh, I know...I'll bet you put him in the fridge and cooled him down. Just kidding, folks!

Wartortle

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California (Simi Valley)
diamondbp said:
Wow daily? That should be pretty nuts when it's done. I take biweekly photos of mine when I weigh them. I look forward to seeing your finished product one day.

Yvonne G said:
That will be pretty neat when you get the kinks out. What did you do to make the tortoise stay still? I tried to get some pictures of two tortoises side-by-side this a.m. and they kept moving on me. Oh, I know...I'll bet you put him in the fridge and cooled him down. Just kidding, folks!

Just take the photos when they are really really tired!!! Sometimes it can be trouble, but it works out in the end :)

julietteq said:
What a fun idea ! I do however think he is pyramiding. You may want to check it out.

When I got him, he was already heavily pyramided. He was house in extremely dry substrate and eating iceberg lettuce. I felt so bad for him and the other leopards and sulcatas he was housed with. :(
Both my leopards are housed hot and humid now in a closed enclosure. They're eating right and they're very happy :) hopefully the pyramiding will be less noticeable over time.

Below is the picture of the other tortoises.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55

dar64

5 Year Member
[I enjoyed that ! I look forward to seeing him grow. My leo's are approximately the same size 3 1/2- 4 " Yours is growing so quickly. My big one is around 10 inches. My smaller ones were raised in dry conditions just lettuce and mazuri so they have the same amount of pyramiding as yours. I notice much less since they have been with me. I got my big one with heavy pyramiding but he is smoothing out with new growth also.

quote='Wartortle' pid='814435' dateline='1392261737']
diamondbp said:

Yvonne G said:

Just take the photos when they are really really tired!!! Sometimes it can be trouble, but it works out in the end :)

julietteq said:
What a fun idea ! I do however think he is pyramiding. You may want to check it out.

When I got him, he was already heavily pyramided. He was house in extremely dry substrate and eating iceberg lettuce. I felt so bad for him and the other leopards and sulcatas he was housed with. :(
Both my leopards are housed hot and humid now in a closed enclosure. They're eating right and they're very happy :) hopefully the pyramiding will be less noticeable over time.

Below is the picture of the other tortoises.
[/quote]