Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Hee hee hee...

I got Mika her boyfriend today :D

He is cute, but he needs some attention. His toenails were so overgrown on his back feet that they curved inward and he was walking on the sides of his feet :( I trimmed them a bit as soon as I got home. I was able to get a hold of his right foot and get it trimmed, and then I set him down so he would relax the left - yeah, right, lol. He was wise to me by then, and started scooting around the table top using only his front feet. I was CRACKING up! Whoever said chelonians aren't smart?

I put him in their outdoor enclosure (I normally would quarantine, but he had been by himself for 4 years and looks captive bred to me) and he went right for the soaking pool (he looked a little dry too.) I'll take more pics of him once he settles in a bit. The enclosure they are using is the one that I originally built for my Hingebacks and then decided I needed a bigger one for them.

His beak is a bit long, but not too awful bad. I'll keep an eye on it and trim it if it gets any worse.

turtle017.jpg

mightyclyde

5 Year Member
California
I just love Boxies!!! He's a good lookin' guy, too. Hope he settles in without any hitches.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Another high scholl parking lot purchase? I would hang out in more high school parking lots, but a 35 year old male sitting in a parking lot asking teens if they have any boxies is sure to arouse concern.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Beautiful! Wow - his nails are really long! Lucky guy that you's got you now!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Beautiful looking boxie Kristina. I love the markings on his neck and face. I'm trying to get a few more now myself.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
dmmj said:
Another high scholl parking lot purchase? I would hang out in more high school parking lots, but a 35 year old male sitting in a parking lot asking teens if they have any boxies is sure to arouse concern.

LOL, no this one was a Walmart parking lot purchase :D

Terry, did you get that baby boxie from Shelby? I noticed the ad was gone after you had inquired about it ;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No, I'm looking more toward juvies or adults now. I am really looking for a high end red male and have e-mailed a few people on the classifieds. I used to have so many, and then had to re-home them for personal reasons, and now I'm trying to get a few again. I'm making a nice size boxie garden and would like to have them outside year round, so that's why I'm not getting any more hatchlings.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I would love easterns myself, but would need a CBW permit and it is just more headache and cost than I want to deal with. So I'll stick with the three toeds, for now.

I have had to rehome animals before because of various issues, and it ALWAYS stinks.

Little squirt here bedded down underneath a hosta for the night... he seemed very interested in Mika, but she wasn't to sure yet lol. He is only about 2/3 her size, I have pics I will upload tomorrow.

I LOVE the outdoor enclosure, the mosses are doing awesome and there are even mushrooms popping up!!! It turned out GREAT. All the plants are coming in thick, and doing really well. It stays damp but not waterlogged in there. They love it.

Still making the final decision on his name....

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You only have to fill out an application and pay a fee of $10. I have my wildlife permit and license to own and collect and am renewing in now as it's up in August. Very easy to get. You have to have a permit here in NY for boxies.
Can't wait to see your pictures.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Those claws look totally Edward Scissorhands!

He defnitely looks like he's planning his escape the moment you set him down. ;)

Too funny. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You know I am suprised California does not outlaw and then charge permits for boxies, I am really suprised

Status
Not open for further replies.