An update/upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bonifay, FL
So I am wondering if its time for an update for my Sully, or an upgrade I should say.. I have him a power sun mvb bulb, as we all know it was expensive, so I have prolonged hooking it up since the weather has allowed me to put him outside in the sun often, but the weather is cooling down so thinking its time to hook up the mvb.. Thats where the upgrade comes in, I am wondering if I should put him together a new larger enclosure, I could have it done tomorrow, using a large dresser layed on its side with the drawers pulled out, this would make it much easier to hang his lights and give him much more room.. I have thought about this before, making him a larger enclosure, the reason I havent is because the enclosure I have him in has only been in use for a month and I thought how I had worked hard on it and the process wasn't cheap but it really doesnt matter, what matters is what is best for my Sully, so what y'all think, I posted pics below of his current enclosure and then of dresser I'm planning to build an upgrade with, which do y'all think is best? And also I have the 100w power sun, what is the best distance to hang it from? And last question is I have some bricks of coir made by ” all living things”, has anyone ever used this brand and is it as good as the zoo med coir?

Attachments

• Sully place.jpg
    Sully place.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 28
  • upgrade.jpg
    upgrade.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 19

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Can you build something to have the lights from. The enclosure he is in is very nice, unless you want a bigger one, I would just make something to hang the light from..

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
due to his size, no hurry in getting him in something bigger. its up to you.
Can you plant grass in his current one?

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
I do have a spot to hang his lights from the ceiling, I have a metal bar going across the room, used to hang cloths on, if I went with the new enclosure this bar would work perfect with it, hang the lights on it from chains is my idea.. His current enclosure is a hutch, closed top, so his lights are attached to the top and I have had to use lower watt bulbs because I cant adjust the distance, now I could remove the top of the hutch and keep him in his current enclosure and use the bar to hang lights from, which I would have to do because the mvb needs more distance.. I do wanna plant grass, I dont know much about it, does it grow well in the coir? And would it grow in areas that are not under the uvb spot, does grass need uvb?uva?

Status
Not open for further replies.