ambilobe panther chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxflowersxx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Jersey
So my boyfriends mom had 17 (so far) ambilobe panther chameleon babies hatch recently so she gave four of them to us.

As you can see by my signature we already have a lot of animals already so I guess he figured 4 more wouldn't hurt. eh.

Anyway I took a video of one of them hatching and I'll put some pics up both of the babies and the parents.

Any advice anyone has would be great.

Below is the link to see one of them hatching.
Ambilobe Panther Chameleon Hatching

This is the male (obviously)
DSC05687.jpg

This is the female
DSC05697.jpg

And here are the babies
DSC05763.jpg

IMG_20110813_174614.jpg

DSC05771.jpg

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Aww they're precious :)
I've always been too scared to own a chameleon. From what I gather their care isn't the easiest...but I sure love looking at them! :D

xxflowersxx

5 Year Member
South Jersey
Once you have their enclosure set up the right way and keep the humidity high its really not all that difficult. Oh, and you have to make sure you have a dripper or mister system in place so that they can drink water.

I can't say I'm thrilled to have these new additions to our small zoo but they sure are cute. It was hard to say no, especially since they were free.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Very gorgeous. I always love looking at this kind at different pet stores when browsing.. I LOVE how slow they move and their eyeballs go every which direction! haha entertaining!

jbean7916

5 Year Member
I love their little creepy feet!!! I've wanted one for awhile but with all the other critters... well we just can't right now

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
jbean, I call them sleestack feet...

xxflowersxx, 4 baby chameleons??? My advice is to start breeding some roaches. :D
I'd start with some Blatta lateralis and then move on up to Blaptica dubia when they get bigger.

Those adults are just gorgeous. You are making me want to do chameleons again.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Sleestack feet? Wow that really brings me back!! You know you wanna do it Tom... pull the trigger! :);):D
Awesome chameleons!!!

Tom said:
jbean, I call them sleestack feet...

xxflowersxx, 4 baby chameleons??? My advice is to start breeding some roaches. :D
I'd start with some Blatta lateralis and then move on up to Blaptica dubia when they get bigger.

Those adults are just gorgeous. You are making me want to do chameleons again.

xxflowersxx

5 Year Member
South Jersey
Right now they're still too small to sell. We're thinking that when they're big enough we're probably going to get a table at the Nothern Berks reptile show and sell them there. We just have to get a permit to sell them in PA first (we live in NJ). I'll post another thread if that's what we decide to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.