Am I starting off right

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjaminButtonsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rhode Island
I tried posting my questions but I guess it didn't work. Lets try again haha. I started my baby red foot in A 55gallon tank. Yesssss I know tanks are NOT ideal but its just for a month or two while I build his table. It will be a tortoise mansion don't worry. I used cypress for substrate but on one side I mixed a. TINY amount of eco earth. Ive been trying to feed little BenjaminButton a mix of dandelion, mustard, and collard greens. But he has only taken a few small bites over four days. Ohh and he took a few nibbles of a strawberry. I haven't found any poop for a vet sample. He sleeps all day it seems. He keeps yawning when he is up. His shell looks great. His temperatures and humidity levels are book perfect. Is he just new and shy?? Is it normal to sleep so much and not eat? I want to be the best tort mom but even after all the research ive done I'm still paranoid.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They sleep alot. You can try cutting it's food up smaller. And if his lights are to bright they will hide .

Minority1

5 Year Member
Hatchlings sleep for the majority of the day it's normal. Give it a week or so and the RF will gain it's appetite back.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, as stated, they do sleep alot and they do need some time to get used to their new surroundings. Also, as a new member, your first five post will not show up right away. They have to be approved by a moderator first. Then after your five, they will show right away. Another good place to get good info on rf is the tortoiselibrary.com. It's a site of one of our experienced members.

Status
Not open for further replies.