Am I feeding my juvenile RF enough?

loveaemily

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi!
Ive had my RF for a month I was wondering if i feed him enough since he always seems to want to eat. On 8/28 he was 290 g and today 9/30 he was 327 g. I feed him greens 7x, a small amount of fruit 3x, and the original Mazuri 2x a week. I have a 5” saucer that I always fill with Greens. Today he finished his greens within 2 hrs so I gave him a second plate of MazurI, dandelion green, And collard greens that he plowed through as well. I know some guides say to feed a juvenile every other day so I also feel like I’m feeding him too much.

Is there a suggested % of his weight I should feed him for growth? The Mazuri bag says 4-11% Of weight for adults.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A tortoise should be fed every day. Ignore those that say every other day. Feed him enough that a little is left over. If he finishes it give a little more. A tortoise with proper size enclosure will not over eat and get fat. If he doesn't have a proper size enclosure he needs to have one.
As for what you are feeding, someone else will have to answer that.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Agree with @wellington. I feed my Redfoot enough so that he has food available all day.