Aloevera

Dharam

Just found my female Indian star tortoise munching on some aloevera which grows in my garden..
Is aloevera good for them..?
I live in their natural range..

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Aloe Vera is fine in moderation as long as there is also a good balance of other good leafy greens/weeds and grass.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
It is a good diet item in a larger variety. I have found the concerns that it makes them get loose poops not occurring for me. At one time I used aloe juice to soak pellets and stopped doing that for the cost. But never had any issue with poop structural integrity.

Now I use lots of opuntia cactus, and it too is alleged to have the property that makes the tortoises have poor stool formation, again, I've not had that issue. Maybe the dried grass in their diet counter balances the issue?

Dharam

My stars get bottle gourd,lady finger, very occasional tomatoes,cucumber,and some times ivy gourd ,and pointed gourd along with a bit of hibiscus flowers and money plant and occasionally weeds and grasses which grow in pots...
Any recommendations and opinions..?

Ed mitch

My stars get bottle gourd,lady finger, very occasional tomatoes,cucumber,and some times ivy gourd ,and pointed gourd along with a bit of hibiscus flowers and money plant and occasionally weeds and grasses which grow in pots...
I'm not 100% on diet however I know tomatoes isn't any good and cucumber due to it having to high a water content

Kriti

India
Hii sorry if it's too late to answer . I just came across your post . What I know hibiscus is great but tomatoes and money plant is an absolute know . Going by your name u r probably indian , so try getting shahtoot or mulberry leaves , grape leaves (not the fruits of either ) and opuntia cactus . U can get jade plant as well. Cucumber is not harmful but isnt very nutritive either . In winter u can grow pansies , petunias , geraniums or gazanias., radish and turnip leaves as well . I can give them coriander as well but dont give only that .

Kriti

India
Oh and u can also give rose leaves and petals . Pardon my typing errors in the above answer