ALLIGATOR SNAPPING TURTLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
This is Trapper. He is just over seven years old. He was a gift, he was smaller than a quarter when I got him. I just got him a new 120 tank, he likes his bigger home for sure. He eats live fish, worms, frogs, dead snakes, dead mice, grapes, carrots, apples, and bannas.

2l8xenr.jpg

11r7i40.jpg

2d9rd5c.jpg

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
im told because i live in CA i can't have one! I like the idea of having a pet that would take my finger off if i didn't pay attention.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love the Alligator Snappers.

Its a shame, isn't it Murray? How did we get to this "state" in a "free" country?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
68merc said:
im told because i live in CA i can't have one! I like the idea of having a pet that would take my finger off if i didn't pay attention.

He is pure predator, very mean...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tom said:
I love the Alligator Snappers.

Its a shame, isn't it Murray? How did we get to this "state" in a "free" country?

I was told that no new permits were allowed or issued in Florida. We have our permit from years ago, it states "does not expire".

Laura said:
is that pyrimiding or the way thier shells are?

I do not think he is pyramiding, most I have seen in captivity are like him. I can not say 100% in this case. My friend that gave Trapper to me is growing the exact same, however his is way smaller (female).

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Very cool and scary at the same time....I would be so worried about losing a few digits with a pet like that...

LindaF

5 Year Member
What a beautiful snapper. The alligator snapper are such misunderstood creatures.

austinl01

5 Year Member
Little Rock, AR
I saw a 20 lb alligator turtle a few years ago coming up a stream from a swamp. It was a huge creature but very scary looking and mean. I didn't go too close to it, bit it was neat to see.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Nice shot Greg! That is one gorgeous beast!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Mean? I had a duo of these guys back in the 80's. I still have a 3" scar across my chest from being careless when I was showing one of them off to some guests. They're not as aggressive as the common snapper but the bite is every bit as powerful. Their shells will smooth out somewhat as they grow older....... Like past the age of 30 yrs.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Very cool! I have two stinkpots I pretend are snappers. About as close as I'll get here in CA.
How often does his tank need cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.