ALERT: America COMPETES Act of 2022 Lacey Act Amendments

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
@mastershake Thank you for posting this, wish I knew the specific reason for this addition, I know why they are doing it, to pull a fast one, but what is the purpose of it, what is the threat they are trying to divert...
In any case I have sent an email to both my Senators, as the bill has already passed the House, to either have this amendment removed, or just flat out vote it down....
The purpose of it is control. It doesn't make sense to you because controlling the people around you is not your goal. Maintaining a stranglehold on freedom and dictating what others can or can't do is not your focus.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Thank You again @mastershake, I have gone on NextDoor, Under "National & State Politics"
And made Several post's about this, including some link's to the YouTube Video Discussion. Honestly, I'm expecting some "Push back" on this, but I hope to catch more folks that MIGHT be alarmed by this, than folks who will be AGAINST it.....

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
And Yes, I am getting pushback, several have mentioned that their rescue have reviewed the info and feel there is either no change to their operating procedure, or it will not impact their operation (I'm assuming the Lacey Act). Basically saying they are not worried about it. Still others are Pissed @ the America COMPETES Act of 2022 in general...

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
So, correct me if I'm wrong. . . the Lacey Act went into effect in the early 2000's, Yes?
What is in the New America COMPETES Act of 2022 is an "amendment" to the original Lacey Act that goes after the interstate transportation of potentially injurious animals (black list)?
Because It's my understanding that the Lacey Act made, either the Sale of Shark Fin, or the act of Shark finning illegal, which is good....

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
the info is all on the usark website you can read all the amendments to the bill right there if they think this will not effect them they are in for a rude awakening once they pass this. this new bill will BAN ALL species from crossing state lines except dog, cat and farm animal. period. plain and simple. these are add ones to the lacey act not a whole new thing. the difference here is they change from a black list to a white list. so ONLY the animals on the white list will be allowed to be transported. this even includes bearded dragons. if you watch the video they explain it pretty clearly