Aleister Crowley's (the tortoise) picture thread.

the_dude_abides

Hey Everyone, I'm going to try and continually add photos and we can all see his growth. He was three months when we got him, we picked him up on December 27th. Three weeks and hes warmed up to us and loving life! These are with my Nikon so they may be a bit large. I'll do some more this afternoon too with caliper measurements.

4d17VTw.jpg

79W40dz.jpg

the_dude_abides

Thanks guys, it has been very fun for me learning and getting his setup just right. I'm a tinkerer by nature so tort husbandry is right up my alley!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hi: Lovely, Lovely little one. Love to see the progress of his/her growth. Thank you for those Lovely pictures. Please keep them coming.

the_dude_abides

Here are a couple more the first or second day after we got him. Notice he was obviously kept too dry. Such is not the case anymore! Seems like he has already grown a cm or so...

6wUc4q8.jpg

mxMsp9P.jpg

AS0Uih1.jpg

pF9g7jy.jpg

Behavioral update as well... He is out of his hide EVERY DAY from about 7am until 1pm, then hes in resting. I feed him in the early evenings when i get home from work. He seems very happy, trucking around his enclosure and making his water dish a mess. He drags his cuddle bone to and fro, i always have to go back after him and "pick up" lol!!! Thanks for looking.

Evy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Could you post pictures of your enclosure please [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Evy

Penny (sulcata)
Blue (European hound mix)
Dolly (Yorkie)