Aldabras

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Ok I emailed him to send me a video of the tort and some more pics but I am afraid it is a scam:(

Don't bother with them. Selling 4-9" aldabras for $500 is not happening. They gave a Dallas phone number but said they were in Nevada. They also claim they have been breeding aldabras and galops for 30 years (they have not).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ok thanks for the help
Do be very careful with anyone selling a tortoise for a lot less then they really go for. Also people who sell and say they breed too many different species and are selling only the rare expensive ones. There are so many scammers out there more then willing to get you. Oh and they never let you pick up the tortoise either. Only shipping is available. That's because they are scammers. Their pictures are of other people's tortoises. And although they are listed as being in the USA, they are not. At least most of them aren't, some are.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
On your profile, I was just curious of your age. Teenager?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
~ We get so many e-mails either telling us or asking us if certain pictures are from us, really getting seriously pathetic!
I usually reply to them telling them those are not their tortoises and that I know who's they are. I don't mention your name or anything, don't worry, I would never do that.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh ok he's teenager
Does this mean you are a teenager or you were offended that someone thought you were?
I only ask because it would help to know who we are talking too. Not that the care would change for any tort, but we could better explains. Like if your an adult with their own income it a kid needing parents help.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
~ That ad is a scam, they apparently used my pictures and Sam's narrative in combination, simply pathetic!

~ Here are the original pictures from our program they used in the ad!

View attachment 184824 View attachment 184825
Isn't that a prosecutable offense?! Seriously! At least it should be illegal to misrepresent a business this way using someone else's images as own in order to lure customers

BILBO-03

No I am a teenager I meant to say, oh ok yes in am a teenager. I was trying to be mean it was just a mistake