Aldabra breeding weight

Tortoise name Bailey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
houston texas
Hello All,

New to the forum. I have had an Aldabra for the past 10 years and weighed her (assuming sex) at #70 today. I know that she is most likely to small for breeding but was wondering if anyone knew a weight at which she would become mature. Also will an infernal female lay eggs or must she be fertilized?

Thanks20150325_143735.jpg 20150325_143735.jpg

Fredkas

5 Year Member
More pics.. at least 4. one is sure not enoughhhh... wayyyy not enoughhh...

Welcome to the forum!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Female tortoises sometimes lay eggs without having been in contact with male tortoises, just like chickens...not ALL females, but some.

(Just to put it into perspective, my two male Aldabran tortoises hatched in 2000 and they weigh over 200lbs now)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. I can't answer you question, but as Yvonne mentioned with her two age and weight, yours seems to be under weight for being 10 years old.

Tortoise name Bailey

5 Year Member
houston texas
Female tortoises sometimes lay eggs without having been in contact with male tortoises, just like chickens...not ALL females, but some.

(Just to put it into perspective, my two male Aldabran tortoises hatched in 2000 and they weigh over 200lbs now)
Thanks for the reply :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
You might be able to get help identifing the gender if you post pictures of the tail and anal scutes...who knows, what if you have a boy? Then the laying eggs question will be irrelevant ;)