Location (City and/or State)
Florida
These guys are just crazy.....
78a5159af11c4e8f1dabdfea83817c6c_zps95c20181.jpg

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
According to an ad I saw on Facebook's turtle classifed, you are holding a whole handful of a lot of $$$

I'm wondering how you managed to keep them on your hand long enough for a picture. Awfully cute little monkeys!!!

I was only able to balance half of them for that pic. It was pretty cold outside where I met up with Kyle, they sat there nice and still.
congrads Gerard S.
Hey are they Serpentina Serpentia? or Serpentia Osceola?.

These are serpentina serpentina. Kyle produced 20 from his pair of double hets.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wow, they are so pretty! They look nice.
Don't let them team up with Godzilla...

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Hmm, so if these were to sell for the same price as the juvies at NRBE this year…..your holding several hundred grand there, no :)? Haha.
Who prodded these? You or another?

No, hatchlings are a lot cheaper than the yearlings I got earlier this year. The price is $7500 now.

Turtlepete

South Florida
No, hatchlings are a lot cheaper than the yearlings I got earlier this year. The price is $7500 now.

Wow. That's weird. Are yearlings really that hard to raise that the price should be so much more? Or has the price just dropped dramatically?

Chump change indeed ;). Think I'd rather a C. Trifasciata though, haha.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
No, the price is set by what the retail price is over there, and the funny thing is that its always been like that. Hatchlings retail for around 8k and the price goes up by grams. I love watching the people online that get mad because the price is so high, but the prices are not being set any differently. Albino red ear sliders and snappers come in many different, non compatible lines. They'd cannot produce them there, and a lot of people here have the same problem. The RETAIL demand there is what's driving the prices, the farmers there are competing directly with their retail market.

Trifasiata are great pet or conservation species, but not one you would breed as a investment. Just like the recent arguments of Galapagos tortoises being a better investment. I love my Galapagos, but I have no interests in breeding them.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love snappers and those are so super adorable. Not going to be owning one in this life no doubt, but what a joy to see them.

turtlemanfla88

They look cool ,but just like when I hatched out that Leustic Kwung-Tung / nigrican a couple of years ago before NRBE in August. I keep all my animals outside most of the year in Florida and I do not think albinos would handle the sun for to long. Maybe turtle sunscreen haha

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
They look cool ,but just like when I hatched out that Leustic Kwung-Tung / nigrican a couple of years ago before NRBE in August. I keep all my animals outside most of the year in Florida and I do not think albinos would handle the sun for to long. Maybe turtle sunscreen haha

I keep all my turtles outside in Florida, year round. Albinos have no trouble living outside at all.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
No different than how the normals get it, but is sheds right off.