Albino Snappers

Gerards

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I just picked these guys up and snapped a couple quick pics to share. They're pretty amazing turtles!
8c2554a4a7d554f1d54a63448ec35025_zpsf4cf21d8.jpg

7fcd32cabecbbcc31408fe0ad4ae90a6_zps59cf3329.jpg

ead27fb90ccee625ddc568467ebd378d_zpsbda9838d.jpg

Turtlepete

South Florida
Were these the 50k albino snappers at the NRBE this year? You seem like the kind of turtle nut that would've bought them, haha :p.

Sweet looking turtles. Get 'em used to a carapace scrub early so you can keep them looking purdy when they're adults ;).

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
They are amazing and even will be more amazing if available here. Jeez, you guys have a lot of albinos to purchase from lol.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Were these the 50k albino snappers at the NRBE this year? You seem like the kind of turtle nut that would've bought them, haha :p.

Sweet looking turtles. Get 'em used to a carapace scrub early so you can keep them looking purdy when they're adults ;).

They are the ones from Daytona, lol. These were bought by a good friend of mine in HK. I picked them up and I'm holding them for him while his export is put together. This makes 7 albino snappers I got this year, and for some reason I haven't kept any. I don't know why.......

Turtlepete

South Florida
They are the ones from Daytona, lol. These were bought by a good friend of mine in HK. I picked them up and I'm holding them for him while his export is put together. This makes 7 albino snappers I got this year, and for some reason I haven't kept any. I don't know why.......

HK meaning Hong Kong? I was told some Chinese guy picked them up (no surprise there ;)). At something like 12k per turtle, I can see why you haven't kept any! Haha.

Speaking of NRBE, I'm pretty sure I saw a little Lissemys there. Did you pick that one up? I notice you seem to like that genus a lot. I think I saw some B. affinis there as well...

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
The price was right on for the snappers, I just don't have any interest in breeding that species. I have some Peruvian snappers coming from Hamm, that's the kind of snapper action I like. The lissemys at the show was my buddy's, but I already have a bunch from that line. I am picking up my affinis next week, or when ever I get over that way. I have been twice and forgot to grab them both times. Bill has some amazing turtles, lissemys, affinis, platynota, and he is also the guy that produces the true Cbb Mata's. It's easy to forget why you are there. Lol!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That is alot of cash for a common snapping turtle . Them sucker better be able to do my taxes or something.

Turtlepete

South Florida
The price was right on for the snappers, I just don't have any interest in breeding that species. I have some Peruvian snappers coming from Hamm, that's the kind of snapper action I like. The lissemys at the show was my buddy's, but I already have a bunch from that line. I am picking up my affinis next week, or when ever I get over that way. I have been twice and forgot to grab them both times. Bill has some amazing turtles, lissemys, affinis, platynota, and he is also the guy that produces the true Cbb Mata's. It's easy to forget why you are there. Lol!

Whoa. Awesome. Can I come? Haha ;). Sounds like this guy has some pretty amazing species. Must be one of the very, very few producing affinis…..Just out of curiosity, were the affinis in that one tTR video his?

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
The videos on theturtleroom FB? I think Anthony posted some videos I shot of the affinis.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Bill has some amazing turtles, lissemys, affinis, platynota, and he is also the guy that produces the true Cbb Mata's. It's easy to forget why you are there. Lol!

Wait, I thought you meant burmese stars at first. Do you mean N. Platynota?

Turtlepete

South Florida
Ahh, ok. I just read back and saw that you said "turtles" so I thought I might have been wrong. Dang, N. platynota would be awesome….Only ones I ever saw available were some LTC a couple month ago. :-/

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Wow! :eek:

Little scare looking thing! I cannot say cute. I think it is just me.

turtlemanfla88

congrats. I think this year I saw more turtles and tortoises then in the past. I been going from the first one I think 1990 in Orlando. I might be going to Lakeland fire show this weekend. I hatched out a leust Nigricans/ Kwung Tung it was at the expo.